Forums Latest Members
  1. wwhntr Sep 11, 2014

Please post anything you have on hand in original leather straps/bands. This should be interesting! Wonder how many have survived 60+ years?

I have seen only a few NOS bands listed at auction. I just wish I had more of these to share on this forum.

I was inspired my Tire-comedon's post of a early 1950's Constellation advertisement in "Any old Omega advertisement posters out there ??" to start this thread. (Thank you Tire-comedon for all of the fantastic old advertisements you displayed for us!!!)

Here is the advert that got my attention:

[​IMG]

Here is a couple of pictures of what I believe is the same leather band on my stainless 2577-6 cal 352 RG, circa 1950-51. I was not sure this band would be salvageable...the light colored leather was very dirty and dried out, almost cracking. I used a leather cleaner/conditioner to bring some life back into it:

IMG_1153.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

CdnWatchDoc, Varasc and noelekal like this.
  2. Dedalus Sep 11, 2014

That's very nice. What product did you use? I recently received a pair of my late grandfather's pigskin gloves and have been trying to research the best way of restoring the leather.

3. wwhntr Sep 11, 2014

Generic leather conditioner with mink oil. (Contains: natural waxes, lanolin, silicone, gentle cleaning agents, and mink oil.) Noted for use on all smooth leather including patents and synthetic leathers. I would do a Google search specifically about cleaning the pigskin gloves if they are suede, not smooth. Sorry cannot be more helpful with name brand.

Ok, back on topic, does anyone have any old leather Omega straps???

Dedalus likes this.
  4. wwhntr Sep 11, 2014

Here's a few from eBay.

Early-mid 60's? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Vi...0607939?pt=US_Watch_Bands&hash=item4cfce877c3Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Mid-late 50's? Should have bid higher on this one. The 14k buckle was worth close to the ending price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-mens-...mRZEZwlbgsO9kjTU%2Byc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

5. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Sep 11, 2014

Zapatta, CdnWatchDoc, adam78 and 2 others like this.