Forums Latest Members
  1. Totie Jul 1, 2017

Hello,

Someone is trying to sell me his Omega Seamaster (please find attached) but without the box and other papers. In short is just the watch alone. He's selling around 1000usd, no idea if its worth it.

Appreciate your advice and feedback.

Thanks

3288085864.jpg
  2. Totie Jul 1, 2017

More Description of the watch....

"An original Omega Seamaster automatic, cal. 565. Not often you see such a nice watch out for sale.
    The time is from the mid-1970s and in very good condition. Recently the review of watchmakers.
    The dial is 37 mm in diameter. The bracelet is in black leather with original folding mechanism."

3. ConElPueblo Jul 1, 2017

This has to be the worst lead-in to a purchase ever.
    If you are serious about getting a vintage watch, start by doing a lot of research. It'll pay off. You have all the knowledge needed to make a great deal in the threads on this site - spend some time reading up.

The watch you are interested in has no value to a collector. If it is worth $1000 (!!) to you, by all means go ahead with the purchase :)

4. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jul 1, 2017

What a hideous piece of flaming dogshit...

5. Edward53 Jul 1, 2017

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 1, 2017

Strap is fake.

davten likes this.
  7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 1, 2017

I think the OP's thread title was closer to the truth than the first post.

chronos and jumpingsecond like this.
  8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 1, 2017

I'm just amused at the way the Roman numerals have been applied in that radial fashion.

I.....II....III....IIII....Λ.......Ah shit!

Oh well, might as well keep going...........IΛ....IIΛ....IIIΛ...........nobody will notice.

9. fjf Jul 2, 2017

Bad redial, unlike any omega used in that era. That means the value is that of the case + movement as parts. Maybe 250-300?. NOT worth the asking price.

Go to the top and read the pinned topic "Learn how to fish". Then decide what you like and read for a while learning. Mistakes can be expensive. THEN if you have doubts come here and ask. But if you take the easy shortcut and ask ridiculous questions you'll get some funny -and deserved- answers.