Forums Latest Members
  1. vonrozen Oct 26, 2018

both vendors claim the watch is genuine and dial has been untouched, and that both come from the early period of the dynamics. what do you say ? I strongly suspect that none is, actually, the original dial ...

please do help

Alexander

omega.jpg omega-auction.jpg
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 26, 2018

I strongly suspect that they are both original (based on the photos).

These watches were rarely opened by tinkerers or local mall watch repairers due to the design of the case so they remained reasonably water resistant and didn't suffer from moisture ingress.

The happy feet Ω is correct for the period until metal logos were used, the upright bar E of Omega is correctly aligned with the left foot of the Ω.

T - SWISS MADE - T is in the correct position.

So I think there is a reasonable chance that they are both original, but I would need to see properly lit/focussed/aligned hi-res shots to be sure.

wsfarrell, connieseamaster and Dan S like this.
  3. vonrozen Oct 26, 2018

ok here we are - 2nd photo . I had people saying that the dial needs to be much more translusent and that the bad condition ofthe dial is not worth paying the 460 €. Please do advice me !

omega-2.jpg
  4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 26, 2018

I agree with Jim, based on the supplied photos they both look original.

5. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Oct 26, 2018

The crown on the automatic isn't correct and I'm not sure the manual wind crown is correct either.

6. jmazpiazu Oct 26, 2018

If you are looking for this reference, I would buy it with the ss bracelet. Have you considered looking to the Private Sales area of OF? There was one for sale not that long ago and reasonably priced as well.

7. rob#1 Oct 26, 2018

They look good to me, I’ve been researching the bullseyes as there’s one I’m looking at getting at the moment (not as good as these examples though).
    I believe these models will go up in value as people come to appreciate their distinctive 70s styling (along with anything purple, brown, orange and lime green :D)

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 27, 2018

I don't understand what "the people" mean when they say "the dial needs to be much more translucent". Could you get them to elaborate.

For reference: translucent
    /transˈluːs(ə)nt,trɑːnsˈluːs(ə)nt,tranzˈluːs(ə)nt,trɑːnzˈluːs(ə)nt/
    adjective
    1. (of a substance) allowing light, but not detailed shapes, to pass through; semi-transparent.
      "her beautiful translucent skin".
    I can't possibly see how this characteristic applies to the dial.

As to the cost, €460 is equivalent to AUD$740, which to my pocket, is too much.

9. RallyDiverOnly Oct 27, 2018

Hi,

Attached is my Dynamic with similar dial. This dial was replaced by Omega in Switzerland. It cost me $700 usd to do so. Prices are current. They did full service, replaced crown, and movement parts of worn. The new dial has lume.

I hope this helps.

image.jpg image.jpg