Forums Latest Members
  1. coredriller Jan 22, 2016

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2016

@mac_omega knows these and collects them, he'd have probably the most accurate views on it

3. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jan 22, 2016

What are your thoughts on the piece?
    How does it look to you?

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 22, 2016

Willem023, marturx and Peemacgee like this.
  5. MyVintageOmega Jan 22, 2016

Can't find anything off about it. The right side Olympic ring on the dial is bothersome. The lack of patina and detail on caseback shows a strong polishing.... but having said that I can't nail it as a fake. Authentic nice patinas, with no polishing or defects fetch 4 to 5 Grand.

6. mac_omega Jan 22, 2016

case: well worn or /and polished: has rounded lugs and has lost most of the details of the olympic crest on back, wrong crown

dial: original, laquer cracked, therefor parts have fallen out (in the right ring and lower right of dial) and some more will follow... this dial will cause you headache for sure!

7. cristos71 Jan 22, 2016

I have long fancied one of these and I´ve seen a few out in the wild, always with similar problems, if not worse, to the OP´s watch. Can you maybe show a nice example Erich as a good reference for this model?

8. mac_omega Jan 22, 2016

You wish - I play...

I think I had already posted an example here but am too lazy to search for the thread

once more:

merit_aus.JPG

see the chamfers on bezel and lugs - it is how it should look on an unpolished example.

right crown

dial without cracks or patination/changing of color

and here is the case back:

P1060313.JPG

see the tiny details in the crest - lion and flame
    These are the first details to disappear/fade even when not polished, only through frequently wearing the watch as 18K gold is sooooo soft

keep these pics as a reference and enjoy

erich

9. cristos71 Jan 22, 2016

Just perfect ::love::

10. marturx Jan 22, 2016

That is a fantastic piece of art!

11. ConElPueblo Jan 22, 2016

@coredriller , now you've had a few answers, could you please hang around for a bit, participate in something else than getting members to evaluate your future purchases? I find it absolutely amazing that someone can have in average 4 or less post per year (!) of membership... And all you have been around for has apparently been for getting watches vetted.

@mac_omega MEIN GOTT :eek: - what a stunner!!!

12. mozartman ♫♭♬ ♪ Jan 22, 2016

Well, I've tried not to make my newbie posts of the "should I buy this watch variety" - but I suspect the OP will need plenty of help from you before he lands a nice example of that one. And I know I owe you a photo of my Finn Juhl rosewood chairs. But the real question is: How many non-should I buy this watch posts do I need to do before I win the watch in your avatar?

13. coredriller Jan 25, 2016

First of all please accept my apologies for not participating in the forum as much as I should have. Although I joined a while ago it is only recently that my interest in vintage Omega watches has been rekindled. Next, I would like to thank everybody for their help with regards to this watch. I am always amazed by the degree of knowledge displayed by members of the forum.

14. Banner Roar May 12, 2016

Great reference images. Another example currently going under the hammer here with dirty dial and badly over polished, so much that the 18k marks on the case and lug have all but disappeared.

upload_2016-5-12_7-51-48.png