Forums Latest Members
  1. Clinton Wood Dec 7, 2016

Hi all,
    I have some second hand watches that my father, who is a loooong time watchmaker in Australia, has to sell, after having to leave his shop of half a century. This is one that I would like identified: It has a genuine omega band, and is 9ct, with a caliber 601 movement Omega 9ct (1 of 2).jpg Omega 9ct (2 of 2).jpg and case ref 135000. The back is plain glossy gold. The goal would be to accurately establish type. I believe it is a 1967 omega, but not much else.
    I appreciate your input. The serial number is 25042615, and you can see the movement below. omega 9ct.JPG

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 7, 2016

I think you have most of the available information about the watch. Since I don't see any Swiss or UK gold hallmarks, I would assume that the case was made in Australia, but cannot state that for sure.

Most of these snap-back case watches did not have specific model names, so no help there.

I believe that the dial was refinished at one point, which is going to limit any collector value it might have.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

3. DON Dec 8, 2016

Possibly movements shipped to Australia and cases made there or maybe purchased from the UK.

Think only Commonwealth countries (UK, Aust. etc.) used 9kt gold for watch cases. Other countries have a limit of 10kt and anything less is not considered gold.

Mid to late 60's. No model name.

DON