Forums Latest Members
  1. Rock Bottom Aug 27, 2018

This watch was purchased by my uncle in Europe before he came home after the war as a gift for my grandfather. It passed to my father in the late 60's and then to me last year. It is 32mm in diameter and has a bumper movement (I can feel the weight hitting the bumper. It's gold in color and there are no markings on the outside of the caseback (I do not have the tools or skill to open the case). I would like to know more about the watch such as the model name/number and the caliber. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

20180826_143941.jpg
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 27, 2018

About all I can tell you at the moment is that the dial has been re-finished / re-painted at some stage and it has been fitted with a generic replacement crown and possibly houses a caliber 330 or similar.

Most Omegas of that era didn't have model names like "Seamaster" and were simply Omega watches.

Check this guide for the "identification process".

https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-omega-posting-guide.383/

3. michael22 Aug 27, 2018

It's a nice looking redial, though.

4. Rock Bottom Aug 27, 2018

Thanks JimlnOz and micael22!
    My father had the watch serviced about 5 years ago when it stopped running. That's probably when the dial was redone and the crown replaced. Is this kind of work typical for a watch that is almost 75 years old? I have no care concerning it's resale value as I'm going to keep it and pass it on to my son, providing the watch can hang on for another 25 years.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 27, 2018

Great family piece. If you wear it get it serviced by a good watchmaker every 5 years and it will last another 75.

warrydog likes this.