Please help me decide

I am bit lost in comparing these 2 Quartz Seamasters: 212.30.41.61.01.001 versus 2064.50

I guess the first one is the older generation and the latter is newer. Both come with the 5-link bracelet which i prefer over the 3-link bracelet. The first one comes in the skeleton dial arms vs the sword arms in the second. Other than the differences in the looks, what factors do i need to consider in term of comfort, weight and functionality (if any)?

Thanks in advance

comfort, weight and functionality (if any)?
Have you physically held/worn both?
Wrist size?
Are we evaluating specific watches for sale or the line in general?

Have you physically held/worn both?
Wrist size?
Are we evaluating specific watches for sale or the line in general?

Nope, i have neither physically held/worn either. Wrist size is a tad over 7 inches. I am evaluating which one to buy online (eBay or similar).

Quartz is fine, but if you can afford an automatic movement that’s the way that I would go.

Both are the same watch mechanically with different aesthetics like GMC and Chevy pickups. The left is known as Bond style while the other is known as Blake style. Buy whichever you like the looks of more they are the same weight and wear that way as well.

I think it will be a decision mainly aesthetic..You should choose what you like and not what other vote. I will go with the second one.😀

I would pick the PO not pictured 😗

There is no difference in comfort, weight or functionality only looks, and both are great looking watches.
These Seamasters are known for their comfortable slim cases. I dont know the weight of the quartz models, ill guess they feel as heavy and solid as the automatics or may be a little lighter.
I have the atomatic version of the 2064.50, the 2254,50 and I just love that watch. I had close to 5 years and still go " damn thats a cool watch" every time I look at it.

Maybe this video can help you decide:

Good luck with your choice!

They both weigh around 160g all up, some weights are quoted on Omega's own site.

OP, be aware both those watches have been discontinued for years (decades in the case of the 2064) and in the case of the 2064 weren't seen in every market, the 2264 with the 3 row Speedy bracelet is much more common so finding a tidy 2064 will be tricky, finding a minter might take ages. As above, functionally and dimensionally they are nearly identical, though the hand lume on the 2064 is much more visible in low light. I think I am right in saying that the LHS one (which is the more recent) has a slightly deeper caseback as it has a Seahorse motif in relief but otherwise there isn't a lot in it. Omega haven't sold a quartz 41mm SM300m for at least 5 years AFAIK so whatever you find wont be brand new.

I would pick the PO not pictured 😗
Which one of those uses a quartz movement? 😉

They both weigh around 160g all up, some weights are quoted on Omega's own site.

OP, be aware both those watches have been discontinued for years (decades in the case of the 2064) and in the case of the 2064 weren't seen in every market, the 2264 with the 3 row Speedy bracelet is much more common so finding a tidy 2064 will be tricky, finding a minter might take ages. As above, functionally and dimensionally they are nearly identical, though the hand lume on the 2064 is much more visible in low light. I think I am right in saying that the LHS one (which is the more recent) has a slightly deeper caseback as it has a Seahorse motif in relief but otherwise there isn't a lot in it. Omega haven't sold a quartz 41mm SM300m for at least 5 years AFAIK so whatever you find wont be brand new.

Yes, the 2064 will be a difficult beast to find. A friend of mine has had one since he bought it brand new 25 years ago and loves it — I asked him once why he never “upgraded” to an automatic version or a newer version (or, gasp, a Submariner) and he said the automatic wouldn’t look that much different and wouldn’t be as accurate as the quartz. Couldn’t argue with him about that.

One other feature of those older quartz modules, they have the jumping hour hand for quick-set when changing timezones. That’s another nice feature and one that non-GMT automatic versions don’t have (until recently on some models).

I think if you can find a 2064 in good shape for a fair price, I’d get it over the other one. It’s a little more unique and rarer to see.

I prefer the new version: warranty and be safe side with services or any issue

I prefer the skeleton hands. I guess you could call them arms, but then where are the hands? 😵‍💫

I had the older model back when they were actually newish, and it's a great watch. I just don't like quartz, so it moved on.

Really, since you can only buy these used, I'd leave it up to what you can find, condition being the most important thing to me.

I am bit lost in comparing these 2 Quartz Seamasters: 212.30.41.61.01.001 versus 2064.50

I guess the first one is the older generation and the latter is newer. Both come with the 5-link bracelet which i prefer over the 3-link bracelet. The first one comes in the skeleton dial arms vs the sword arms in the second. Other than the differences in the looks, what factors do i need to consider in term of comfort, weight and functionality (if any)?

Thanks in advance
The newer design looks more appealing to me. Cleaner dial all around.