Forums Latest Members
  1. TimeVu Mar 24, 2013

I just recently notice that on the back of my Speedmaster reduced watch, there's no serial number engraved. Should there ALWAYS be a serial number engraved below the Omega sea dragon as in all the photos I've seen? Could my watch be a fake Omega? Thanks :)

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 24, 2013

Post some pics, but generally speaking it should be on the lug

3. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 24, 2013

On the Speemaster reduced there is a serial engraving on the caseback.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 24, 2013

Oh really? My mistake I've never seen one, just assumed they were the same

5. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 24, 2013

For the older models if I should add. The newer ones are engraved on the lug.

6. TimeVu Mar 24, 2013

Does anyone know what's the official weight for a pre2000' Speedie reduced with a 1143 movement is? Mine seems a little on the light side beside missing the serial number below the dragon. Paid around 1K for it years ago and suspect that it might not be real :(

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 24, 2013

Weight doesn't matter, it can vary too much depending on number of links and amount of polishing, pictures are what will tell

TimeVu likes this.
  8. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 24, 2013

Just take some photod and I will tell you right away. I've sold all variants of the reduced model. Also a movement shot too.

9. TimeVu Mar 24, 2013

Thanks George. I'm waiting for its return from a buyer in TX. I'll post some photos soon. I had it for 10 years without noticing anything about it until now. The buyer insist that It MUST have the serial number engraved on the back for it to be real. I'm beginning to have doubts myself so the I'm taking the watch back just to be sure. Hoping it's the same watch that I sent out :) Keeping my finger crossed til then.

10. TimeVu Mar 25, 2013

All is well! After several tries, the potential buyer finally saw the lightly engraved serial numbers on the case back. He kept insisting that there's no such numbers on the watch anywhere. Gave us both a scare. Thanks to all the help. This is a truly great website for Omega lovers such as myself and I'm glad I googled and found it. Cheers :)

11. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 25, 2013

Glad you got it resolved :)