Forums Latest Members

please help find a case back for a 2576- bumper cal-342

1. Mr.Bliss Apr 15, 2020

Can someone please help find a case back for my
    2576- bumper cal-342
    Thanks very much

2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 15, 2020

I am not sure how you would expect others to help you find such parts. Why don't you search on eBay (and elsewhere) for that reference, and perhaps you will be able to find a "parts watch" that won't be very expensive. If you look only for the case back, you will likely be searching for a long time.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 15, 2020

How many posts are you going to create?

You don't need to spam us. If you don't get a response it means we have no information to help you.

watchyouwant, KingCrouchy and DaveK like this.
  4. Canuck Apr 15, 2020

Speaking personally, after offering the case back he originally said he wanted, and receiving no response, I plan to “Passover” any future requests for assistance! :D

JimInOz, efauser and watchyouwant like this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 15, 2020

You probably made the offer in the wrong thread.

Eve likes this.
  6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 15, 2020

7. Mr.Bliss Apr 15, 2020

You know guys, it's not always what it seems.
    I've never really had much experience on forums (even how to follow a thread I have created) and not much on Facebook.
    I am truly sorry if I have angered anyone but it would be nice to get the benefit of the doubt.
    Sorry Canuck, I thought I replied and even sent you my address and ask for your PayPal account so I could pay you. I might of sent the message 2 someone else by mistake. I would be mighty appreciative if you would consider helping me out.
    Tony- Im sorry but my knowledge of watches is minimal. I thought the digets I posted are the ref. number and that would be enough.
    I didn't mean to Get on anyone's nerves but I think you have forgotten the complexity of things to a beginner, or even the language barrier some of us might have. What is obvious to you is sometimes just gibberish to me.
    I'm trying my best to keep up with you guys but it seems even asking a question seem to be offensive to some. A nice person for example pointed out a case back on eBay for me, it was for an Omega 2576-4, all I asked was "when I google the ref 2576-4 it shows the same looking watch with a different dial, does that matter? My watch is a -12."
    I obviously offended him as well, as he replied sarcastically.
    Again, no harm intended.

David1954 likes this.
  8. Mr.Bliss Apr 15, 2020

Thank you for your offer.

9. Dan S Apr 15, 2020

The first four digits are the reference number. The number after the hyphen refers to the production run of that reference, not the style of the dial necessarily. You can't actually determine the production run of your watch since you are missing the case-back. Comparing it to other watches on the internet won't really give you that answer, since production runs and dials don't always have a one-to-one correspondence.

Anyway, if you are sure that it is a ref 2576, then any 2576 case-back will fit. However, you can never know if it is the right production run, although comparing finding a watch with a similar movement serial number might help, if it matters to you.

Also, before creating a thread on a forum, it's not a bad idea to take some time and read the forum thoroughly, familiarize yourself with rules and how things work. If you jump into a community without making an effort to understand it, it's not surprising that you could rub some people the wrong way.

Lucasssssss likes this.
  10. Mr.Bliss Apr 15, 2020

Thanks. Appreciate it