Forums Latest Members
  1. amaralprata Feb 4, 2016

Hi!

My name Is João and I´m from Portugal.

I´ve inherited from my grandfather this 18k Gold Omega Constellation, caliber 561, case 168.004/14.

It has unoriginal crown and buckle.

This watch has a great sentimental value to me and I´d like to restore with the original correct parts.

How should they look like and where c an I find them?

I´d be very appreciated if you helped me.

Cheers.

bbbaf5e9b322ad8d598e0aeb2c7de2c9.jpg
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 4, 2016

Unfortunately, new parts that look like the original parts are no longer available. You can get a more modern buckle and strap set from Omega, but it will cost several hundred US dollars for the strap alone. Better to buy a nice modern leather strap of your choice.

You can sometimes find correct original buckles on eBay. However, such a high percentage sold there are fakes or poor replicas that it is not really worth looking anymore.

Movement parts for the cal. 561 or 564 movement inside are still generally available from watch part sellers, but better to have a watchmaker take the watch apart and assess if anything is really needed.

I would recommend leaving the dial just as it is. It has a nice vintage look to it, and it is highly unlikely you will find a new replacement dial.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

3. Pahawi Feb 4, 2016

Hard to see the crown at your pic. (the model is also called a hidden crown, so it's not only because of your pic.:)) - are you sure it is wrong?

Here's how the watch looked when your grandfather bought it (or at least pretty close):

IMG_2247.JPG

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 4, 2016

I was thinking the same thing about the crown.

5. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 4, 2016

Hi Jao
    welcome
    great heirloom -congratulations
    the guys are right -this is a hidden crown variety
    if you can take pic of the crown we can tell if it is likely to be original -or at least authentic -it should have the Omega logo (see below - a 168.010 not .004 but same idea)
    show us some pics of the back of the watch too while you are at it
    IMG_3820-3.JPG

6. amaralprata Feb 9, 2016