Forums Latest Members
  1. mac_omega Aug 23, 2013

As there is a current thread about how to re-size a 7912 bracelet I decided to start an own thread about the 7077 bracelet.

Can somebody help me?

My 7077 has broken springs in 2 of the expandable links. Can they be replaced - are there genuine parts available?
    Or will I have to construct them myself out of some mainspring material or similar?

How do these 7077 expandables open? They are different from the 7912 links...

Thank you in advance for your assistance

regards
    Erich

2. michael e Still learning. Aug 23, 2013

Hi Erich.
    How many springs do you need? I have plenty of springs that replicate the 7077 springs perfectly. Replacing them is quite easy if you are confident with things like this.
    If you look at the underside of the sprung link you will see a line in the metal where the link opens, in the middle of the line is a place where the blade of a screwdriver can be placed. Once the blade of the screwdriver is inserted into the space in the middle you can push forward and the link will open, then you need to very gently open the link a little more so the new spring can be inserted. There is a lip inside the link that the spring must wrap around. Closing the link is simply inserting the screw driver blade again then gently pushing backwards.
    if you you need any help with this let me know and I will be glad to assist you.
    Thanks Mick

3. michael e Still learning. Aug 23, 2013

This picture shows the gap in the middle of the link where the screw driver blade goes.[​IMG]
    And inside the 7077 link. (You do not take the inner part of the link off, this is just to show how the spring should look in place)
    [​IMG]