Platinum pocketwatch from 1928

Posts
24,801
Likes
55,084
I'm certainly no Longines PW expert, but I'm wondering if there is a reason to believe that anything other than the movement is original Longines.
 
Posts
6,837
Likes
10,655
I'm certainly no Longines PW expert, but I'm wondering if there is a reason to believe that anything other than the movement is original Longines.
Why? Obviously a redial but don't see why it could not have been original
 
Posts
24,801
Likes
55,084
Why? Obviously a redial but don't see why it could not have been original

It could have been, but I was looking for actual evidence. Were there any case markings? Any research showing other dials of this type?
 
Posts
6,837
Likes
10,655
No but to be honest I did not look 😀
 
Posts
7,689
Likes
22,049
Any research showing other dials of this type?
Plenty similarly styled dials in platinum tank watches in the late 20s and 1930s —one is even featured in the first edition of the Goldberger book, and there are currently a few on Ebay/
so this dial doesn’t strike me as out of place even though it’s a completely different watch.
 
Posts
870
Likes
1,574
"Lookit, see, get wise pal, I'm the most iced out swell in this here gin joint, and I got these shiny rocks on my watch to match all that be-U-TEE-FULL ice in them there ice boxes, y'hear, mug?!?" -1928's blingiest gangster.

...mea culpa, mea culpa...them photojobs...erm...pics...made me an offer I couldn't refuse! ::facepalm1::