Forums Latest Members

Plastic crystal manufacturing defects...

1. M'Bob Aug 9, 2020

My watchmaker just installed a factory sealed, correct-for-model plastic crystal on my 145.012. I can’t really photograph it, but more to the underside of the crystal, there are numerous tiny bubbles that look embedded.

I bought this years ago from a supply house, which of course no longer supplies Omega parts. My question is, will Omega stand behind this and replace it? And who would I send it to - the AD, OB, or one of the many service centers? Many thanks for your insights.

2. Canuck Aug 9, 2020

This establishes a bit of a precedent, the way I see it. Without a receipt from Omega stating that they supplied the part and fitted it, and within a reasonable warranty period, chances may be slim. Let us know what you decide to do, and how it turns out.

M'Bob likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 9, 2020

You would have to send it back from where you purchased it. Omega doesn’t take parts back from people they didn’t sell to.

There is also a time limit with parts returns, and it it certainly not measured in years. This is a too bad, so sad for you kind of situation I’m afraid...

M'Bob likes this.
  4. M'Bob Aug 9, 2020

Thanks to you both for your replies.