Forums Latest Members

Manufacturing defect on my Speedy bracelet?

1. Aleksi-mg Apr 9, 2017

Hi guys,

I have a question for you regarding the bracelet for my brand new Speedy. I got the watch about a week a ago and it is a beauty. However, after marveling it for a few days now, I noticed that there are three tiny dents on three different links of the bracelet. I don't think I've managed to do those myself, as I've had the watch for only a couple of days and as you can imagine, I've been quite careful with it. And furthermore, one of the dents is on the inside of one of the links.

I tried my best to take a picture of one, you should be able to see it on the left side of the center link (third from the lug).
    omega1.jpeg

So my question is has anyone seen these sort of dents before on their wathces? I bought mine from a reputable AD and I don't think they've managed to mess it up and I'm wondering, could these have been on the bracelet when new and pass the QC at Omega?

Cheers,
    Aleksi

2. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Apr 9, 2017

The way the tiny dents look is indeed a manufacture defect as this cant be a person Error. If these were cause by you then you should be able to see scratches,....etc supporting the dents.

Since the watch is new, go ahead a replace it!

cheers

3. bokbok Apr 9, 2017

Strange would not expect that on a brand new watch. Would be taking back and have a moan

4. Aleksi-mg Apr 10, 2017

I called the AD and they suspected it is indeed a manufacturing defect. The guy said in general they've had little problems with Omega bracelets, there had been one with the egdes too sharp and one with stiff links but nothing like this. I got the impression that they will replace the bracelet for me without any hiccups.

5. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Apr 10, 2017

The Must :)

6. chich Apr 10, 2017

Yeah it would be tough to damage a middle link to that extent without also destroying the links next to it. Definitely a manufacturing defect - you should get a replacement link or a new bracelet for sure.