Forums Latest Members

Planning to buy Frederique Constant Perpetual calendar, what are your thoughts?

1. AJwala Apr 29, 2019

Thank you @Foo2rama for the feedback, appreciate it, I have to say I am getting a very very good discount :) I dont expect the value to increase in future, but i am confident that i will not suffer a loss if i ever sell it.

the cleaner dial looks like those fashion watches which are heavily being promoted online. My initial love was for the cleaner dial but looking at those fashion watch, i too am now bending towards the detailed dial.

Foo2rama likes this.
  2. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Apr 29, 2019

If you like both I would also get the more detailed dial, be it only because it is more traditional and might be easier to resell should you choose to do so.

Foo2rama and AJwala like this.
  3. AJwala Apr 29, 2019

@Syrte interesting, thank you for the feedback. I didnt know that! traditional one will be easier to sell. Learning new things everyday :)

4. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Apr 29, 2019

Well I didn’t know either but you look at people’s reactions here on the other « cleaner » dial, and your own observation it looks like the cheap fashion watches and you have the answer.
    Since I know nothing about those watches I cannot say it will be easy or that you would get a good price— but clearly it would be easiER with the detailed dial.

Traveler, AJwala and Foo2rama like this.
  5. AJwala Apr 29, 2019

@Syrte agreed with what you are saying :) thanks alot

6. Omegafanman Apr 29, 2019

I don't know either brand well but how does MontBlanc compare with FC? MontBlanc seem to have a stronger history and they also have affordable perpetual solutions. I tried this one on a few years back. Not really my bag plus I wonder about service costs. I know someone with a limited edition IWC Da Vinci and it is not cheap for service and repair. It also (for a very nice watch) seems to have lost a lot of value IMHO. On the same day I saw the Mont Blanc I also saw the A Lange Sohne attached and fell in love with that as the perfect perpetual,....and decided I was probably never going to own one :0(

mb - Copy.jpg 175 - Copy.JPG
    Edited Apr 30, 2019
  7. Omegafanman Apr 29, 2019

Here is the IWC... I found an old picture. Impressive watch but I still prefer my 9300 Speedy :0)
    But if I could swap for the A Lange Sohne above...…….

Image3 - Copy.jpg
    Edited Apr 30, 2019
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 29, 2019

OP is a dealer for the brand as he has already posted previously, so you can assume he's getting it at his dealer cost. Unlikely to take a bath under those conditions...

AJwala likes this.
  9. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 29, 2019

So what is this thread about... a little promotion for his product line?

Hnansen likes this.
  10. AJwala Apr 29, 2019

Nope, seeing knowledge from experts here. No where in this or any thread have I promoted the product. :)

11. Evitzee Apr 29, 2019

Yeah, get the one with the more detailed dial, it has more character and makes it more interesting. Even at a rock bottom dealer cost you'll probably still be slightly underwater, but if you want a new perpetual calendar this is the cheapest way to go.

Edited Apr 29, 2019
  12. Hnansen Apr 30, 2019

Shouldn't you be the expert? Since, well.. I don't know, you are a dealer of the brand?

Syrte, 89-0 and cristos71 like this.
  13. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 30, 2019

Do you smell fish?

14. mayankyadav Apr 30, 2019

Its not his product line :D.. besides he is from Nepal where none of you would go even if he offers the best discount in world ..

15. Omegafanman Apr 30, 2019

I also think this guy said he was based in Nepal and I imagine flying to Katmandu might blow any discount he gives you. A bit fishy….maybe but I can think of much easier / more effective and more local ways to push or purchase FC if that was a major motive? I tend to give this one the benefit of the doubt…..anyway I thought ArchieL was the international brand ambassador for FC…

Traveler likes this.
  16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 30, 2019

Have you ever had a conversation with a watch dealer about their products? Assuming a dealer is an expert on the product is a big stretch...

There's another forum I'm on where people are relaying the most ridiculous claims made by AD's on the product. They include some pretty astounding things...like the HEV actually being a camera for taking photos underwater...

watch3s, Foo2rama, Hnansen and 2 others like this.
  17. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 30, 2019

Nepal must be a pretty small market for selling anything a bit "up scale". I wish him good luck with his business!

Evitzee and Archer like this.
  18. Omegafanman May 1, 2019

48th largest country by population / 25 billion GDP.... and 21% GDP growth rate...I am sure it is not all roses reading between the economic lines but there must be a few well heeled people there who want a nice watch....and some great views although it is always coldest at the top :0)

mayankyadav likes this.
  19. Kafue Feb 5, 2020

I agree with you on the "investment piece". Which is a shame. As so many have said, if you like/love it then buy it & wear it!

20. Kafue Feb 5, 2020

:) I can only imagine how small it is. The only upside, if that is the right expression, is that the small proportion of those with wealth have serious wealth!