Forums Latest Members

WTB Planet Ocean 45mm Cal. 2500 NEW or NM

1. msp1518 Jun 12, 2016

I have a buyer for one of my watches and the sale will go through in a few weeks (I am in China right now and have to get the watch to him in the USA - what a pain that is). What I really really have always wanted is a NEW Planet Ocean 45mm original version with the 2500 movement (the Ceramic is just too thick for my wrist). A friend of mine just picked up one (not two weeks ago) from an authorized dealer in the states for $3450 with tax, but it was their last one. Lucky son of a gun! That hurts.

Look, I am open to options here and that does include used. I don't want a dog and I absolutely do not want one with a scraped or dinged bezel because they are too expensive to replace. But I only want one that has been refinished if it was done by Omega itself. When I see the so called "Polished" and "Refinished" ones on eBay I cringe because they do NOT look right. :eek:

I would really love to find a NEW one from an authorized dealer and I would settle for the 42mm if I had to. I am only interested in the classic look, as in no orange numbers! 2200.50 is the ref for 45mm. I'll take the one with the rubber strap instead if it's the full sized. For 42mm only steel. That means Shark Mesh is okay.

But I will buy a pre-owned one of it makes sense. If it's in nice shape and has box/cards and the right price I can go for it and then have Omega service it. I've lived in China since October and it feels like the Moon. But Omega has a boutique not far from me so I can have a PO serviced there should I buy used.

For pre-owned I would definitely prefer a 2500D. But again, I am open to something that makes sense.

Watch would be shipped to my friend in Jersey to check out. His address is on my Pay-Pal account so no worries! I know people here and have bought two Omegas from members and am happy to give you their names so you can be sure I am no loony-tunes.

Thanks very much. By the way I can be patient. A friend of mine here leaves June 22 with my watch to bring back to the states and it will then go to the buyer. That friend returns here to Kunming, China the 3rd week of August and can bring whatever what I buy with him so I have time. Not forever, but I think time enough to find a great Planet Ocean.