Forums Latest Members

Planet Ocean 2908.50.82 bezel swap possible and fair price?

1. MAJones Apr 14, 2016

I'm considering buying my friends Planet Ocean 2908.50.82 for £1,800. What I'd like to know is:

Is £1,800 a fair price (watch is in great condition, slight wear on the strap)?
    More importantly, is it possible to have the bezel changed from orange to black with this model?

I've asked Omega and they have said that officially, the orange bezel is the only one available for this model, but I'm sure I have seen people having their bezels changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have to make a decision on the purchase pretty soon.

Thanks everyone!

IMG_0504.JPG
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 14, 2016

3. gttime Apr 14, 2016

This is the only model that getting bezels is easy. The swap can be done DIY but I'd suggest taking it to a competent watchmaker.

4. MAJones Apr 14, 2016

Thank you so much guys, do you know if ofrei deliver to the UK? And is £1,800 ($2,550) a good price for this particular timepiece? I'm basically brand new to all this! ☺️

5. MAJones Apr 14, 2016

Having looked, I can't seem to source a black bezel for this particular model. Can anyone recommend a good place/website that may stock bezels?

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 14, 2016

vezel.JPG

You mean that one right there which I linked to you? You can clearly see in this picture the orange one is the one for your watch. In this picture it clearly states the black one in orange is the one above, and vice versa.

Edited Apr 14, 2016
  7. MAJones Apr 15, 2016

So sorry about that! I know where I went wrong, I was just looking for the 2908.50.82 and I could only see it on the orange one. I thought each product had to have the code for the watch it was compatible with. Like I said, I'm brand new so it was a rookie error! Lesson learned, many thanks for clearing that up.

Foo2rama likes this.