Forums Latest Members
  1. Basher89 Feb 8, 2018

Hey All,

Self-admitted "newb" here.

I've had my eye on an Orange Bezel 45.5mm PO for quite some time and today, I finally had to the chance to grab one off eBay. Time was running out and I didn't have a chance to give it a proper vet, but, based on photo and seller feedback, I took my chances and won. Now, giving it a proper look-over, I am having my doubts (I haven't paid yet - want to be 100% sure before I do).

I suppose my question is - did the 2200.51 EVER come with a Orange Bezel? Or does the 2500 45.5mm Orange Bezel PO have it's own reference number? As you can see in the posting, the reference number mention 2200.51.00 - and after hours of searching, I couldn't find any PO's ANYWHERE that had an orange bezel and had that reference number - unless they specifically mentioned that they had been swapped. I wrote the seller and he states it's the "original bezel" but based on my research, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Can you all take a look - let me know what you think - it would be much appreciated. Should things check out positively, it'll be my first PO :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Plan...KLK%2F4zb1Px8stE23LSo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Thanks,

Bryan

2. Buck2466 Feb 8, 2018

I believe the Orange bezel PO should be a 2208.50 model number. The bezel on the one you purchased looks like an aftermarket bezel. The lume pip looks like a bubble and it should be flat. IMHO the black bezel was replaced at some point. Is the owner the first owner? If not, he may have purchased it used like that and thought it was the original. Anyways, I would ask to cancel the transaction because it is not as described. The model 2200.51 should have a black bezel. Good luck!

Basher89 likes this.
  3. Huus Feb 8, 2018

Hi mate.
    Go to the Omega website. Under "watch finder" enter the full reference/model number and you 'll find a picture of the watch that goes with the ref. number. In this case a black bezel would be the correct one. Hope this helps.
    BTW this model came with the red box. Serial number is from 2008 and the wooden boxes were not being used at that time. The watch may have been sold at a later date.

Edited Feb 8, 2018
  4. Basher89 Feb 8, 2018

Appreciate the help, fellas. I cancelled the order. Now, who wants to sell me a 2208.50? :)

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 8, 2018

Good call do not buy. It’s a fake.

511C7AB6-D1F8-46A5-9A69-9B249D022395.png

These where fakes to a high level. The fake Bezel, apparent lack of the laser etching ( which this might predate). Serial on the cards does not match the watch. And the serial on the watch is done completely wrong.

Edited Feb 8, 2018
  6. Huus Feb 8, 2018

I looked for the serial but the pics weren't clear enough to confirm. Noticed the missing laser etching (first introduced in 2007 I believe) but also put it down as being predated.
    Well spotted.