Forums Latest Members
  1. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Mar 10, 2013

The moment I saw John Chris's new gold cal 135, it immediately found a spot on my Zenith short list. I expected it would take a bit longer than 2 1/2 months to snag one, but - thanks to a tip from Stewart H - here it is... an all-original pink gold version, slightly earlier than John Chris's watch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is with a slightly earlier steel model, from 1953-1954:

[​IMG]

The steel watch contains a gilt, first-generation cal 135:

[​IMG]

The gold watch contains a second-generation, rhodinated cal 135:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The movement number dates the gold watch to 1955. The same watch is depicted in the following advertisement, from a Zenith factory publication dated July 1955, celebrating five consecutive observatory competition victories for the cal 135 in the 30mm wrist chronometer category.

[​IMG]

Here's a crummy iPhone photo of the pink 135 and some new yellow gold chums:

[​IMG]

John Chris and Alpha like this.
  2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 10, 2013

Stunning!

3. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Mar 10, 2013

Very nice sir. But I think you missed the memo on only one cal 135 allowed each. So which one are you going to send to me?:D

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 11, 2013

Oh, well done! That case is spectacular and the movement looks as if it has been well treated. And I'm acquiring a certain fondness for the patina - must be Kyle's influence.

Gavin, indulgences for multiple 135 ownership are available from me at reasonable cost. Inquire at the side door of the temple of Zenith.

5. ulackfocus Mar 11, 2013

Ugh! That dial is decrepit! You should be ashamed of yourself, and immediately sell that watch to me.

Cheap.

( :whistling: )

6. John Chris Il Duca de Luca Mar 11, 2013

And last to chime in, being from the west coast I can't help it: A stunner!!! The shot of the new watch with its steel predecessor demonstrates what a difference the wider dial/narrower bezel makes in the same-sized case. Both are lovely. Don't know about that third one. Such a gaudy bauble - oh, wait - east coast… ;)