Forums Latest Members
  1. cristos71 Jun 23, 2013

I've just yesterday received a package from Paris, containing an interesting Omega Chronometre calibre 352.

The dial, although not perfect, has to my eye a nice patina and is slightly two tone which I really like. I've never seen a dial like this one before, I've seen very similar, also in the French PG case, with the Fab.Suisse, but they were signed Seamaster above the 6 where mine has Offically Certified. The case really does have a Seamaster look to it.

018 edit.JPG

021 edit.JPG

The 18kt Pink gold case that was produced in France for Omega during the early 1950s when I believe the French had imposed some kind of precious metal case import restrictions. Different hallmarks with the eagles head stamped on the outside and no reference number only a case number, makers mark and Omega logo on the inside case back.

012 edit.JPG

014 edit.JPG

The cal.352 has a 12280707 serial which is around 1950, interestingly, as the dial, it is also signed Fabrique en Suisse. It looks, to my layman's eye, nice and clean, but dry, so will be going in for a service once I've sourced a replacement seconds hand as I'm sure the one fitted is completely wrong.

001 edit.JPG

I have seen pictures of similar Chronometres of the era and have seen some fitted with a blued steel hand, I'm curious if anybody knows whether that would/could be correct here as that would be my preferred choice. Otherwise I'll be looking for a PG seconds hand.

The crown has a lost is plating completely at the "wrist end" so I have to decide what to do there, replace, replate, or leave as is.

Any extra info always welcome!:)

Regards,

Chris.

008 edit.JPG
  2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 23, 2013

I would replace with a blue seconds hand - these were commonly used in the 352 bumpers. The watch is a nice example with an uncommon original dial.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 23, 2013

I think that either a blued or pink gold seconds hand would be considered correct for this watch. I've never seen another one with the same attributes as this one, so I really couldn't say. My preference would be for the pink gold, but that may prove to be a more difficult find than a blued one.

Replacement pink gold crowns should be available from Ofrei.com. The old part number was 1018/1089P, or 42023-Pink. I know there is probably a new Omega part number. Archer should be able to find it for you if he is watching this thread.

One thing to consider is that I have found that modern replacement plated parts have a different shade of pink than the older parts. You may find that the newer parts may need a bit of added patina to "match up".

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 23, 2013

Superb piece Chris. Blue second hand will add uniqueness in the package.

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 23, 2013

very nice watch!