Posts
2,611
Likes
2,790
See, now ya'll have turned my "lets all be angry about how we don't have a pie pan" thread into a "hey losers, look how awesome my pie-pan is" watch-porn thread. jeesh 😁
 
Posts
35,639
Likes
39,894
That's perfection, and again, it's why case matters so much more on a dogleg than on any other Piepan. 2852s, 2887s, etc with nice cases are great but there isn't as much of a gap between the razor sharp ones and the slightly polished. Doglegs look like something out of Tron or an F-117, and it isn't just the lug transition, its the facets that are part of the design, no facets and it just isn't very dogleggy any more
 
Posts
1,488
Likes
2,221
See, now ya'll have turned my "lets all be angry about how we don't have a pie pan" thread into a "hey losers, look how awesome my pie-pan is" watch-porn thread. jeesh 😁
Fify 😁:

 
Posts
2,990
Likes
4,747
"lets all be angry about how we don't have a pie pan"
I do not have a Seamaster 300. ... or a Flightmaster what looks like it went through a fire.
 
Posts
35,639
Likes
39,894
Neither of these are pie pans.
The number of things sellers do call a piepan is about limitless at this point, I'll be making a video on that too before long.
 
Posts
1,488
Likes
2,221
The number of things sellers do call a piepan is about limitless at this point, I'll be making a video on that too before long.
I have no desire to redefine what a pie pan is. Refer to my first post in this thread.
 
Posts
35,639
Likes
39,894
I have no desire to redefine what a pie pan is. Refer to my first post in this thread.
I wasn't suggesting that you were, I'm talking about sellers in more general terms, I know you were just posting a couple of watches you like
 
Posts
8,130
Likes
36,636
Here's my only dog-leg, it's had its bent leg straightened and is now in to get a correct seconds hand fitted.

Edited:
 
Posts
13,624
Likes
18,978
Mine, with a little soft focus:
_mg_1150-jpg.475881
upload_2022-9-10_7-17-59-png.1473679
gatorcpa
 
Posts
355
Likes
599
Here's my only dog-leg, it's had its bent leg straightened and is now in to get a correct seconds hand fitted.

Is straightening a Bent lug a little risky ?
 
Posts
2,465
Likes
7,071
Dog-leg Constellations are very dressy. One of my first watch purchases was a gold cap dog-leg pie-pan Connie, was and was surprised how dressy they are in the flesh. I have a pair of dog-leg Constellations but hardly wear them because I'm a casual bird.
 
Posts
6,762
Likes
10,418
Dog-leg Constellations are very dressy. One of my first watch purchases was a gold cap dog-leg pie-pan Connie, was and was surprised how dressy they are in the flesh. I have a pair of dog-leg Constellations but hardly wear them because I'm a casual bird.

I have to agree with this but I would say a little ‘flashy’ rather than ‘dressy’.

I do like wearing a pie pan occasionally but I prefer dome dial Constellations across the board for their simplistic elegance.
 
Posts
2,611
Likes
2,790
Dog-leg Constellations are very dressy. One of my first watch purchases was a gold cap dog-leg pie-pan Connie, was and was surprised how dressy they are in the flesh. I have a pair of dog-leg Constellations but hardly wear them because I'm a casual bird.
See, I'm a completely casual muppet as well (much like you are a casual bird, and @Peemacgee is a cool-cat...in a box?), and actually don't really like wearing gold. But the dog-leg gold-tone Pie-Pan is basically my one exception 😁
 
Posts
8,130
Likes
36,636
Is straightening a Bent lug a little risky ?
I leave all that stuff to my watch maker.....I'm squeamish and don't like watching what he does with my babies 😉
 
Posts
106
Likes
110
I bought this for $12k late last year from a dealer and some people a little shocked at the price.

With gold being over $5k an ounce today, I'm now beginning to think it was kind of a steal.

Either its camera tricks or the dial text seems a bit funky?