Forums Latest Members
  1. NT931 Jul 6, 2013

This is an amazing forum!

I had wanted a pie-pan Connie for some time, and fortunately, Adam had one for sale, which I bought. In an earlier thread about the watch, several people had also provided information on how to change the tension ring from gold to the correct silver-tone ring.

I should add that after we finalized the price (with shipping), Adam found out the shipping cost was a little more than we'd agreed on, but instead of passing the cost to me, he very kindly absorbed the extra cost.

So then the watch head came. Though I had initially wanted a strap, I started considering a bracelet. Several people offered advice, and Brian (prostie1200) was kind enough to send me a bracelet with end-links to try on; I'd only pay him if the bracelet fitted. This arrangement was based on trust, and Brian was bearing the risk of being scammed if I turned out to be unscrupulous.

And what do you know, the bracelet fit! I sent my watch in to the watchmaker who replaced the crystal, fitted the bracelet, and voila, here she is!
    Connie on wicker (small).JPG
    And that's the really nice thing about being part of this terrific community - my Connie came by the way of the kindness of strangers, people I had met online (but not in person) who were willing to help and advise me. So thanks to everyone on the forum who helped, especially Adam & Brian!

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 6, 2013

Congratulations. I looks splendid.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 6, 2013

And cross hairs too :thumbsup:

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jul 6, 2013

Bulls eye....right on target!!!! Even with onyx insert... Congrats....

5. alam Jul 6, 2013

Indeed, a good looking Connie!

6. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jul 6, 2013

What's great about this hobby are the people. And a nice watch gained with/from friends is priceless. That's a treasure.

NT931 likes this.
  7. Dablitzer Jul 6, 2013

Very, very nice, like that case shape immensly! If you ever fancy a trade up for my dog legged let me know! ;)

8. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 6, 2013

that dial and bracelet are a great combination :thumbsup:

9. cristos71 Jul 6, 2013

Great result and it looks very sharp on that nice bracelet too

10. ulackfocus Jul 6, 2013

Nice 14.393. :thumbsup:

11. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Jul 7, 2013

Thats a very tidy 14393!