Forums Latest Members
  1. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Apr 2, 2016

I am sure everyone here has checked both of the recent catalogues released by Phillips for their upcoming auctions in May. At least one other thread is running discussing a 2998.

Where the heck do these guys find these watches. I find myself looking through the catalogues adding watches to my grail list(s) that I may never actually own. How long is my grail list(s)? As long as a piece of string.

I couldn't possibly choose a favourite as so many stand out but one that certainly intrigues me is lot 115 of the Auction Three in Geneve, the Omega Synchrobeat. The description is quite interesting noting that there is only 17 of these left due to a recall from Omega arising from technical issues.

Picture from Google which is the Phillips watch:
    CeaUGdAWwAAtI4G.jpg

1) Does anyone here own one? If there are a few around, someone has to own them.

2) Which watch caught your eye?

Vitezi likes this.
  2. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Apr 2, 2016

3. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 2, 2016

Ive handled one of these and they are amazing watches, from recollection the last one sold at Christies about four years ago for around £7K

4. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Apr 2, 2016

There has been quite a bit of discussion surrounding these watches in the past, much of it including many of the members here. Here is a link discussing the claimed "17 examples left" tag:
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/rare-omega-syncho-beat-cal-372-a-523718.html

Phillips values their watch at US$15-25k. I'm sure it will surpass this as it seems in amazing condition. Thinking that there may only be 17 examples left will also drive up the price, never mind the Phillips mystique. What would happen if Hodinkee features it:eek:

5. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 2, 2016

omegas antwort auf Rolex true beat. not many watchmakers want to work on these; no parts. like Rolex True Beat. after a while it will be a Dead Beat......interesting, but overrated. kind regards. achim

6. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 2, 2016

Achim

You have a fair point but I'm sure if someone's spunked $25K on one then they've probably got the money to have watch makers make parts for them. I do agree I think rhey are overrated, fundamentally they are a watch that had so many flaws that omega pulled it from the market before really releasing it

Non the less and interesting piece of omega history

7. mac_omega Apr 2, 2016

But it is rrrrrrarrrrer than every Speedy :p

8. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 2, 2016

Erich, thats so true, but then so are all my Megaquartz's and all I ever hear about those from most forum members (not you of course buddy) is that they are quartz monstrosities! My 18K stardust is rare than any Constellation Chronometre (with the exception of these deadbeats) and the case is hands made yet because its quartz it's unloved

9. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 2, 2016

Now this is a gorgeous and uber rare constellation in 18K and it's accurate to one single second per month! The only made 200 and at least 75% of those have either been smelted or died since then

image.jpeg

10. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Apr 2, 2016

Cool Persols and pen!:D