Forums Latest Members

Peel or Not to Peel - Green Sticker

1. Hands90 Feb 23, 2023

People like me do like to see the sticker.
    It's unposlished under that old sticker.

2. pdxleaf ... Feb 23, 2023

You're not alone in thinking that. Who cares what others think if it's your watch and you like it. Janice&fred were probably right also, saying to just let the next guy decide to remove it or keep it.

I don't want to be disrespectful but this reminds me of my friend's parents back when I was a kid. They had the plastic on the furniture living room. It's like they were storing it for some future family. Horribly uncomfortable too.

It's a little strange to see normal wear on the rest and a sticker on the back. Wouldn't the other way around be better, if someone were to do this?

It's like the guy who only polished the tips of his shoes because he didn't care what people thought as he left the room.

In any case, good luck with the sale/trade. Not sure why you prefer a sub over a GMT, but that's a different thread :D

nicks, noelekal, SC1 and 2 others like this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 23, 2023

I’m still struggling with your valuation analysis, and I’m with @pdxleaf. But this is about the sticker. Ick.

noelekal, SC1 and JwRosenthal like this.
  4. masteroftime Feb 25, 2023

I’m curious about the strategy here and please excuse my ignorance. Since when has the equivalent standard sub from the same period cost more than a GMT? (Excluding the rare oddities)

When the market was hotter a year ago, i saw jewelers and dealers pricing coke/pepsi 16710’s anywhere from $15-23k and a lot of people were paying it. The closest steel subs from the same year in that price range at the time were the 16610lv. Even then, i always saw the gmt’s going for more.

5. Hands90 Feb 25, 2023

When I originally flipped a GMT for a modern sub it was right as they started to jump up in price.

My current model is a 16700. I've seen them as low as 10k
    Like you said I think some of them are a bit high and maybe not selling. The price might still be high from last year.

The modern subs, even in rough shape are 11-15k

Right now my GMT-Master is not nice enough for a trade but I'm hoping that the value goes up enough that I will be able to trade for a modern sub especially a new one.

This is speculation. Price could always plummet on these or I could mistakenly run my watch into a door frame.

6. spacemission Mar 2, 2023

Aficionado

[​IMG]

Connaisseur

[​IMG]

pdxleaf and Aroxx like this.
  7. RI Omega Fan Mar 2, 2023

I’m here because I thought this was a third pizza-related thread on OF.
    upload_2023-3-2_7-5-13.jpeg
    Gotta have a good peel!

Aroxx likes this.
  8. nkhandekar Mar 9, 2023

The really obsessive thing to do would be to buy a used back that already has the sticker taken off and replace the stickered-back that is on the watch with it. You can then keep the stickered back in a safe place until you decide to sell the watch. Its not what I would do but its an option.

jjen likes this.