Forums Latest Members
  1. bmidgett Jun 14, 2019

I'm very new to collecting and this forum has been super useful in getting some footing on vintage Omegas. My husband and I have already managed to find a gorgeous 18k 1970 C-Case Constellation and a 1959 Seamaster. But my husband really loves chronographs.

Whilst we were out browsing the other day I came across this 18k Paul Buhré Chronograph. It is in working condition; unfortunately, the shop owner was out and the counter attendant wouldn't allow us to open the case. She wasn't able to provide any other information to us and was asking $1,000 USD (she reiterated that this was because of the gold weight).

Based on the research I have been able to do, it looks like it's likely a Landeron 47 (basing this on the 3 buttons w/ the flyback complication). I'm still unsure if it's a frankenwatch as it is extremely difficult to find information about specific models of 30s/40s Buhre watches. I've found one similar one listed on e-bay with a different dial color and similarly shaped hands - but that is the only one I've been able to locate.

Does anyone have any familiarity with this brand or its history with producing chronographs?

Edit: The black marks in the lower right quadrant of the face are dry-erase marker on the crystal, not on the dial. I do wish I had photos of the back of the case but it was covered with a sticker. I am hoping the shop owner will call back so I can see/photograph the movement.

buhre02.jpg Buhre01.jpg
    Edited Jun 14, 2019
    Deafboy likes this.
  2. Syzygy Jun 14, 2019

I know nothing about it, but I like it!

bmidgett likes this.
  3. Dan S Jun 14, 2019

Do you know the case size?

4. bmidgett Jun 14, 2019

Unfortunately not sure of the exact size. 35-36mm would be my guess. I do have it photographed next to two other watches of similar size (a Zenith call 133.8 that I'm still researching and an early 70's Constellation) if that helps?

IMG_4331.jpg IMG_4332.jpg