Forums Latest Members

Patek Philippe Reference 5020P in Platinum, 1 of 3 produced.

1. SgWatchBaron Mar 8, 2017

Patek Philippe Reference 5020P, the so called "TV Watch". Check out this link from Hodinkee. https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/bonhams-sells-one-of-the-rarest-modern-patek-philippes-for-a

Story is that Patek made less than 10 pieces in platinum, only 3 of which houses the somewhat exclusive black diamond dial.

On an unrelated side note, my Ref 5020P went completely bonkers (day wheel has been stuck for months), and it's off to a service back at Patek HQ in Geneva. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a sizeable service bill. Bright side is, they gave me six months to raise the funds (service takes six months, payment on collection of the watch, LOL).

Snapseed.jpg Snapseed.jpg

Thanks for watching this space! Take it easy guys. ;)

♚ @TheSingaporeanWatchBaron ♚ (Instagram)

2. Xeer Mar 8, 2017

What happens if you don't come up with the funds by then?

I'll tell you what.. I'll pay the service fees and take the watch off you. Fair?

:whistling:

marco and SgWatchBaron like this.
  3. OmegaLover Omega, please be my Valentine! Mar 9, 2017

Congrats, the one with black dial and diamonds is yours? What was the original retail price?

4. tyrantlizardrex Mar 9, 2017

The service should not be *that* bad from what I understand.

Talking (but in no way buying) with a member of Patek's team in London this week, about this guy:

IMG_3737.JPG

Because I'm incredibly nosy, and want to know how the other half live. ;)

I suspected at £181,000 service would be... substantial... he told me it's £1400 including a new strap (which is £350 alone)... as a proportion of the watch's value, that doesn't seem too bad. ;)

5. SgWatchBaron Mar 9, 2017

When asked for insured value. I said $10,000. As they told me that if you don't want to go thru with the service, they will charge you 25% of the insured value. Lowest possible insured value was $10,000. Lady told me I am crazy, and this is the first time someone insured so much lower than market value. :(

6. SgWatchBaron Mar 9, 2017

Bought it from a shop window in Singapore in the late 90's. Paid $50,000sgd or $25,000usd equivalent.

ManInBlack, rolokr and 1685 like this.
  7. SgWatchBaron Mar 9, 2017

Stunner. I'm sure the £350 strap didn't come with a brand new diamond encrusted buckle. Else it'll be a daylight robbery! I myself am looking into completing the 5971P four coloured wheel. Emerald , ruby, sapphire and diamond.

Btw if your patek guy in London can assist in cutting my repair costs, or even dropping in a word and getting my 5020p handled by a master watchmaker, I'll be eternally grateful.

8. tyrantlizardrex Mar 10, 2017

Sadly I don't have a Patek, let alone a Patek guy - this was just in their boutique on Bond Street - he said that pricing was set globally.

:thumbsup:

9. Apollo13 Mar 10, 2017

What a beautiful watch, platinum + black dials = love. On a slightly unrelated note out of love for rare black dial PPs, did you see the 5020r black dial on a bracelet? I believe Patekaholic posted it up. The really interesting part of that particular black dial is the Eric Clapton dial signified by the breguet 12 numeral. However, given it was discontinued in 2002 I believe, that means they must have made some on special order after they officially stopped production of the reference.

10. Apollo13 Mar 10, 2017

Haha if you want to see the pinnacle of outrageous service costs... check out Vacheron, especially their vintage servicing department. Patek doesn't even remotely come close!!!!

11. tyrantlizardrex Mar 10, 2017

I'd guess that a current (ish) model is lower cost than a vintage, even with Patek... the vintage stuff, could be a bottomless pit of money.

12. Apollo13 Mar 10, 2017

Vintage Patek is reasonable. I had a minute repeater serviced in VC, I believe they quoted me something around $50,000 if I remember correctly... FOR A SERVICE... FOR A SERVICE.

13. SgWatchBaron Mar 10, 2017

I guess I really have to get acquainted with a Patek guy. Beating the queue is good enough! Can't believe I turned down a 5004P double sealed for 200k usd some time back. Fellow who wanted to sell me has moved on, from this world.

14. SgWatchBaron Mar 10, 2017

That's crazy! You could buy something else with that money! A lot of something else?

15. SgWatchBaron Mar 10, 2017

I saw the Pink Gold 5020R with unique bracelet. Here's the link below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRN-OPHgpqh/?hl=en

I didn't know that was Eric Clapton's. Eric Clapton is a real business man. He uses his fame to custom make watches and then sell it off after enjoying it, for a lot more money! Check out this link below about his investment into paintings!

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www...million-richter-canvas-to-test-auction-market