Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN PATEK PHILIPPE Rare Claw Lugs Ref. 2429 18K YG

1. mac_omega May 26, 2015

team,

I have decided to sacrifice some of my watches out of my collection in order to recover my watch budget (I have bought far too many in the last year...)

2429.jpg

crown_side.jpg

back_inner.jpg

mov.jpg

Here comes a fine condition PATEK PHILIPPE rare CLAW LUGS Ref. 2429 in 18K yellow gold.

The case has an incredible shape with the dramatic down turned claw lugs - it is a very rare PP reference and hard to locate. I only part with this one as I have a second example in pink gold and I do not need 2 of the same reference...
    NB: has original unbranded winding crown. Will come without strap - head only!

The back shows an old inscription from 1951 which shows part of the history of the watch.
    I was hesitant to have it removed as I do not bother about inscriptions as long as they are done in a beautiful way.
    They are part of the history...

If you do not like the inscription: I will gladly have it removed for you by an artist jeweler with a laser welding device with no loss of material - you will not be able to see any deterioration of the case back this way.

back.jpg

Diameter: 33 mm

You see what you get - no "photoshopping" to hide any flaws...

NB: The darker "shadows/patches" on the dial are just reflections - the dial is near mint.

As most of my watches are safe queens and have been barely worn by me I recommend a service if you want to wear the watch on a daily basis.

I am asking EURO 7200

Shipping at cost - must be discussed according to buyer´s request (method, insurance, etc.)
    personal pick up preferred - face to face meeting at a watch trader show (e.g. Munich) can be arranged (not short time though...)

Buy with confidence - there are some forum members who know me or have dealt with me - could vet for me.

If you have additional questions please send me a PM

Edited Nov 26, 2019
  2. rcs914 Aug 30, 2016

Wow! Imagine the days when being the top Buick salesman for two months got you a Patek! Times have changed. It's a beautiful watch.

kkt, sonicosa, OmegaRolex and 24 others like this.
  3. hrobi Jan 18, 2017

what a case!

kkt likes this.
  4. mac_omega Oct 10, 2017

bump

5. mac_omega Nov 24, 2019

It is still available

guaranteed.rohu likes this.
  6. CaptainWinsor Nov 24, 2019

Absolutely stunning.

7. wkimmd Nov 24, 2019

Wow - is this case made by Vichet??? Looks gorgeous.

8. CaptainWinsor Nov 24, 2019

Eggly &Cie Looked it up myself. Gorgeous piece

9. mac_omega Jul 27, 2022

Time for a bump

I nearly forgot about this listing...

10. rkman11 Jul 27, 2022

Absolutely beautiful! And being from Canada originally, seeing that inscription from Toronto… wow do I love this!

akshayluc420 likes this.
  11. TimeODanaos Jul 27, 2022

An absolute classic, in the strict sense of both those words. I feel so uplifted by its beauty, and yet so downcast, now I look out at my wife's new car...
    Only a nonpareil collector could have had this piece on the "do it later" list for so long. Wonderful OF, that has such treasures in it!

12. CaptainWinsor Jul 27, 2022

Hard to believe this listing has been around so long. When I win the Mega Million lottery, I’ll be buying this. Again, absolutely beautiful