Forums Latest Members

Parcel Pro no longer covers damage in transit

1. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Nov 18, 2020

I was setting up a shipment yesterday and my Rep told me that Parcel Pro no longer covers damage...they only cover loss. This is a huge disappointment and imo eliminates Parcel Pro as a viable shipping option.

What other options are out there?

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 18, 2020

Okay - nothing on the ParcelPro wen site regarding this, and their terms still clearly cover it:

"The Insurance Policy under which shipments are insured for physical loss and/or damage in the course of transit "

This would be a major shift in their business...

ptfly, DaveK and Tony C. like this.
  3. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Nov 18, 2020

I also had not heard this (and just set up a shipment a couple days ago). Can you point to it?

4. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Nov 19, 2020

I have a call today with a supervisor to discuss. Hopefully its a misinformed employee.
    They have made quite a few changes though. Package size and weight limits has been reduced below standard Fedex limits and insurance seems to be capped at 10k now. This is what started the conversation with my rep. The software limited me to 10k, when I called to question why I was told to email a manager for an override...she then stated that they no longer cover damage in transit.

I told her this was a huge shift, and that it would negate all benefits of using Parcel Pro...her reply "I am sorry per management told me that yesterday"

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 19, 2020

Odd, again there have been zero changes in what I see. When I sign in to the web site and look at the insurance limits (which are indicated beside each country in the drop down menu) they are all at the same values they have always been. $50k insurance for shipments within Canada for example.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is something specific to your account, or a type of account you have...how many parcels do you ship each year, roughly?

6. offrdmania Nov 19, 2020

I just shipped a watch yesterday. It allowed me to cover for more than 10 grand and I just logged in and my terms still talk about damage coverage during transit.
    <Head Scratch>

Archer likes this.
  7. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Nov 19, 2020

NOTE: This was not a watch...so that may be the issue. Waiting on rep to return my call.
    It was a large box with a vintage movie camera.

I have been shipping with Parcel Pro for a long time, since long before they were bought by UPS. Im not a heavy shipper, but I do ship a lot and have never had a single claim.

8. Cayohuesovespa Nov 19, 2020

Fedex express won't insure jewelry value over 1000 anymore either... No explanation either.

9. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Nov 19, 2020

they have never insured Jewelry over $1000, thats why Parcel Pro exists

Kmart, repoman, X350 XJR and 2 others like this.
  10. wsfarrell Nov 19, 2020

A little off topic, but: I was in a gun store a while back and TWO guys from UPS delivered a new version of the mare's leg Winchester used by Steve McQueen in Wanted: Dead or Alive. Easily the most beautiful "rifle" I've ever seen. I asked the dealer why two UPS guys were needed. He replied, "We require two guys on all deliveries here due to concerns about theft. Just like there are always two people in armored trucks moving money." Similar logic may have applied when Rolex used to provide shipping labels for people to send their watches in to the service center in Dallas. The labels didn't say "Rolex," but rather something like "RSCD."

mcqueen.jpg

CajunTiger likes this.
  11. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Nov 19, 2020

Thats pretty standard, Parcel Pro requires that the words watch or jewelry are not included on the shipping labels...for example "Bobs Watch Repair" cant be part of the address

wsfarrell likes this.
  12. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Nov 19, 2020

Yup. I once sold a watch to a buyer named Goldstein. Couldn’t print the label until I “fixed” his name.

13. wsfarrell Nov 19, 2020

Crapstein?

14. abrod520 Nov 20, 2020

Haha me too. I had to use the number 0 in "gold" because it was flagged

15. mjb Nov 20, 2020

I couldn't even get my Parcel Pro account set up, and when I called customer service they said "we'll investigate and call you back" and they never did. No email either. :(

16. repoman Nov 20, 2020

Shipped a $20k watch this week via parcel pro / fedex, fully insured, terms were same as always, no issues.

Archer likes this.
  17. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 20, 2020

No word from CajunTiger about his conversation with PP, but my guess is that this is something specific to his situation, and not some broad policy change.