Forums Latest Members
  1. spinnaker11 Sep 7, 2020

Hi all,

I recently bought a Speedy Pro Sapphire Sandwich and I love it. Always wanted one and I am enjoying wearing it each day.

I have seen lots of posts about watch storage boxes for watch collections (and have one of those for my other watches). However what do people tend to use for when they take their daily driver watch off at night and put it on the bedside table/nightstand? I am thinking of getting a watch tree or something on which to safely put my watch on each night so it doesn't get scuffed or knocked in the dark. I still want it handy so i can slip it on amidst the usual morning hubub!

I haven't found a good thread about this on the forums here or anywhere else so far. I have it sitting on a piece of jewellers felt at the moment but looking for something a bit safer/smarter. What do you folks do?

TIA!

GreekOmega likes this.
  2. pongster Sep 7, 2020

I just place it on top of my side table. Carefully.

it will get scratched anyway when worn

Waltesefalcon and Scooterino36 like this.
  3. Scooterino36 Sep 7, 2020

I also simply place on the nightstand, but check out the Leather coin trays that Wolf offers.

4. MTROIS Sep 7, 2020

Sideways on the night stand in a leather tray, resting delicately on the crown... or on your wrist (yes, I know, many people will balk at this.... but I love being able to tell time anytime I wake up!).

p4ul and Pun like this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 7, 2020

spinnaker11 likes this.
  6. rob#1 Sep 7, 2020

Mine just sits on one of those circular sticky felt things you normally put on the bottom of table legs so you can slide them on wooden floors. This is stuck on my bedside table lamp. Maybe it’s time to upgrade my overnight storage solution :thumbsdown:

7. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 7, 2020

On my dresser, on a cloth surface far from the edge. Never on a bedside table, too much chance of a dive to the floor. Yes, I learned this from the repair bills paid early on.

8. dstfno Sep 7, 2020

I just put it flat on the nightstand. No need for extra protection, when wearing it is when it will pick up the major scratches anyhow.

9. MTROIS Sep 7, 2020

10. spinnaker11 Sep 7, 2020

Thanks for the answers so far.

I had looked at one of these (the astronaut naturally!) but while I like the idea I don't think it has much quality to it:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Resi...Watch-Storage-Boxes-Display-C-J0/313148084294Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

These are quite nice given the watch history but possibly don't protect the watch all that much?:
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/594251290/space-rocket-watch-stand-holder-display

I quite like these:
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/676965296/single-watch-stand-mens-watch-holder

11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 7, 2020

There is plenty of room clearance. The watch doesn’t even protrude above the bottom of the box. ;)

12. Twocats Married... with children Sep 7, 2020

I was always told to leave the watch crown up overnight. I close the clasp and place it crown up behind the cactus always from the cats.

13. SkunkPrince Sep 7, 2020

On the wrist.

Flip, mzinski and spinnaker11 like this.
  14. Evitzee Sep 7, 2020

I have a leather tray that was a Vacheron Constantin giveaway that I got 30 years ago, my watch goes in there. It's in my study. Thare is too much stuff on my side table with remote controls, water bottle, phone, etc for a watch, too. Too much opportunity for it landing on the floor. I don't fret about daily rates anymore so the watch is set with the crown up, ready to go in the morning.

IMG_9942.JPG
    Edited Sep 7, 2020
  15. NT931 Sep 7, 2020

Into a drawer in the bedside table; drawer is padded with felt on the sides, and with sponge on the bottom, so watch does not get scratched.

16. GreekOmega Sep 7, 2020

I have been thinking about this as well, as I just gingerly place it on tables and hope not to nudge it. I did just buy one of my friends a Marble/Leather watch stand from an off-brand maker (there is one that is very expensive online) which was about $100. The quality is better than expected and it makes a great accessory for desk, office, dresser, closet, whatever you have.

Side note: For watches with straps, I have a project in mind to carve a block of wood to fit my watch exactly so the case and strap can fit in the groove without worry of falling or slipping off..

Edited Sep 7, 2020
    spinnaker11 likes this.
  17. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 7, 2020

Watch box.

I take off my watch, and put in on top of the watch box for the night. Not really worth the effort to put it inside snugged around a pillow.

Pun likes this.
  18. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Sep 7, 2020

I have a tiny bed from an old doll house my daughter used to have. I place the case, dial facing up, on the little pillow, and cover the bracelet with a little blanket. :)

JimInOz, Flip, Emeister and 14 others like this.
  19. Engee Sep 7, 2020

:D

blufinz52 likes this.
  20. alam Sep 7, 2020

I’m less fortunate - only had two boys... but will be calling my sisters to see if they have any of their old doll houses laying around :D

blufinz52 and DSotW like this.