Forums Latest Members

SOLD Oris Divers Sixty Five (The First)

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 31, 2021

Dear ΩF

The spring sale continues. Up for grabs my beautiful Oris Divers Sixty Five with steel bracelet (with reference number
    01 733 7707 4064-07 4 20 18). This is a reluctant sale. It has been lightly worn, and continually loses the competition to my Oris Carl Brashear, and thus it departs.

IMG_7262.jpg
    I bought this watch new in 2015, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Even as I write, I am hesitant, as it is simply great on the wrist. However, I am being disciplined: it simply does not get the wrist time it deserves. I believe these are discontinued now.

IMG_7264.jpg IMG_7265.jpg IMG_7266.jpg IMG_7267.jpg IMG_7268.jpg IMG_7269.jpg IMG_7270.jpg
    The case has no scratches or dings, only lint and fingerprints. The crystal is also without scratches. All marks are reflections. I apologize that these pictures are not sharp...they are unintentionally so, and are not meant to deceive.

IMG_7263.jpg

There are some light marks on the side of the bezel at 9 o'clock. If I hadn't looked at these photos twice and with scrutiny, I would have missed it. In the hand you would not see them (maybe with reading glasses or a loupe).

IMG_7271.jpg IMG_7272.jpg
    The caseback has no scratches, and I can't see any on the lugs. Maybe there are some micro scratches visible on the back of the lugs when looked at under a loupe. I did alternate between straps/nato/bracelet in my years of ownership.

The caseback has never been opened. The watch has never been serviced. I think it is still good for a while.

IMG_7273.jpg
    The bracelet is sized to my wrist (which is large...it should fit 90% of folk, and be too big for about 50% of them). It does come with all extra links. These bracelets are stunning, and I prefer it to my Tudor BB58 bracelet (has a nicer taper, and the link shape is spot-on IMHO).

IMG_7274.jpg
    The only scratches on the bracelet are on the clasp. These don't come from desk diving, but from river diving. These were made somewhere in the bottom of a river in Switzerland (I think the Aare) one summer several years ago against some rocks (I was holding on due to the current). Some may find this unattractive, I don't. To me it means 'no more stress, wear away'...

IMG_7275.jpg
    It comes with its original heritage box. UNFORTUNATELY ( ::facepalm1:: ) due to the weight of the generic Oris booklet (its about the same size as the top surface of the box, and about 2.5cm thick) I recycled mine many years ago. Pretty dumb, right? But thats where my mind was in the mid-teens. Also, it was not specific or special to this watch. I have since seen one or two for sale for about 20CHF, but didn't bother to reacquire one.

I am a private collector and not a dealer. This watch comes from my collection, which like most of you, is a result of a hobby that takes up far more time (and hard earned money!) than I would like to admit.

Sale terms and conditions. For an international sale : 1100 CHF (USD / EURO / GBP equivalent) wired directly to my bank (Transferwise) account, or the equivalent in ADA/DOGE/BTC/LTC/ETH sent to my wallet. More currencies are available upon request.

The watch and I are in Switzerland, and so F2F could happen here. Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation. Feel free to request any further angles etc.

My price includes shipping and insurance to wherever you are in the world.

Click here for references on ΩF.

I have 100% positive reviews (upon request) on other platforms too.

All criticisms of the watch are welcome.

Thanks ΩF for this space

Edited Mar 31, 2021
    Nathan1967, Elfrenez and Lonestar like this.