Forums Latest Members
  1. kechke Feb 1, 2015

My Speedmaster has a toggle type bracelet on it and I can not remember what was on it when I bought it it.
    I found this leather band with what seems to be an Omega symbol on it and wonder if it is the original one it came with. What were they originally equipped with?
    I also found the world wide warrantee booklet that came with the watch and it has the tear out slips missing from the back. The watch has never been subjected to an Omega repair facility. I can't remember but I wonder if for some reason they were removed by the vendor from when I bought the watch.

PICT0934.JPG PICT0931.JPG PICT0930.JPG PICT0933.JPG

2. kechke Feb 2, 2015

I found the following info on an other web site which leads me to believe that the bracelet is original to the watch.
    "The 1175 were used on the MkII, III series of Speedmasters and are much more common than 1039. Value wise (based on auction sales) the cost of 1039 would be 5-6 times that of a 1175."

But what about the leather strap, it seems to be an exact fit between the lugs but for the life of me I can't remember where it came from? Could the watch come with both bracelet and a strap

3. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Feb 2, 2015

That bracelet is definitely not a 1039, I'm not even sure it's Omega at all.

4. kechke Feb 2, 2015

The clasp is the original one that was on the watch when I bought it . When the original links, which I still have, lost their expansion feature I grafted another bracelet on the clasp and the watch band end pieces to make it wearable. I kinda mangled the original many years ago to make it wearable but ended up making the bastardization of the bracelet.
    On further web searching it seems that the leather watch band is an original lizard skin band for the speedmaster.

[​IMG]