Forums Latest Members
  1. Captainjz16 Jan 25, 2016

Curious as to what the original strap looks like. My understanding is it would have been made out of canvas. Would leather have been an option?

I'm thinking of having a custom strap made, but would like to keep it era appreciate.

Thanks!

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 25, 2016

Edited Jan 25, 2016
  3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 25, 2016

Edit...Darlinboy (our posts "crossed") as far as I understand, and without going into too much detail, those canvas straps Revo did replicas of were found on WWW watches (30T2 but not RAF) and on the later Omega 53 (cal. 283 movement).

However, if you're talking about the white faced, 1940s RAF watches (outfitted with 30T2SC) the most knowledgeable collectors will tell you the original straps were pigskin single pull throughs, now impossible to find.

Other options below, including a bespoke single pull through made of distressed calf leather.
    It makes the watch look too big on a female wrist but I still like it a lot (and can provide contact for the craftsman).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best regards,
    S

Edited Jan 25, 2016
  4. Captainjz16 Jan 25, 2016

Thanks for the quick photos and links. I was thinking about having Gunny Straps make a custom leather, single piece RAF strap. Any suggestion on the following leather options would be appreciated. They would obviously be thinner than the straps shown. Looking for something a little more unique than the current strap.
    [​IMG]

1)

Gunny 74.jpg

2)

caitlin2.jpg

3)
    Caitlin 1.jpg

4)
    butter-1_0.jpg

5)
    Edbert Serie.jpg

Etp095 likes this.
  5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 25, 2016

Nice Omega WWW.

Etp095 likes this.
  6. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 25, 2016

7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 30, 2016

@Syrte

You're spot on of course, I skimmed right over the RAF in the OP's post.

That said, the ones Revo made are quite a good look and very comfortable to wear.

8. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 30, 2016

Hey Paul, in fact they are perfect as it turns out the OP wants it to use on a WWW.
    Nice stash you've got there, they do look nice and I wish I could wear one myself, but they won't fit.

Enjoy yours ...:thumbsup:

Darlinboy likes this.