Original or not?

Posts
1,871
Likes
2,626
Can anyone comment on originality of this watch? It comes from a Rolex WhatsApp group chat i am in.
Unfortunately I only have this one photo atm

 
Posts
2,828
Likes
4,944
I have not studied these medium-sized Weems at great length, but this example looks atypical in a number of ways.

Firstly, the numbers on the bezel are atpyical. One clear example is that this bezel has a round-topped "3", whereas typical examples have a flat-topped "3".

Secondly, all of the hands are atypical. Most comparable examples have the ubiquitous 1940s luminous handset: pencil-style hour and minute hands, and a second hand with a circular counterpoise. Also, one would expect the visible, center parts of the hands to be blued steel. This example has lume extending into the triangular tips of the hands, an oblong counterpoise, and silver hand centers.

Thirdly, the dial is atypical. The signature is neither the typical sans-serif one, nor a serif variant that resembles other dials from the period. Also, the radium hour numerals look fatter than other examples I've seen.
 
Posts
1,503
Likes
2,432
I thought these were pretty small (28mm?) Not sure of the wrist size in the picture but it looks much larger in that image
 
Posts
2,828
Likes
4,944
I thought these were pretty small (28mm?) Not sure of the wrist size in the picture but it looks much larger in that image
These came in different sizes. The one posted by the OP resembles the 33 mm variants. One way to distinguish these from the 28 mm variants is by their relatively wide bezel. See examples below.

Here is a 33 mm example. Source: https://curious-curio.jp/watch/59245


Here is a 28 mm example. Source: https://curious-curio.jp/watch/22363
 
Posts
7,689
Likes
22,049
Agree with @DirtyDozen12 in all respects.
The minute and hour hand don’t even look like Longines hands to me.

And the crown and bezel lock also look off.