Forums Latest Members

Ordered The Brown Dial 311.30, Should Receive It On Sunday. What About This For A First Vintage?

1. alexgalt Mar 1, 2013

Hello,
    I should receive the brown dial 311.30 on Sunday and I'll post some pictures of it then. Still looking at vintage watches and this one looks like it will go for around 550 dollars. The owner says all functions work, keeps time, chrono resets to 3 second mark, last service 7 years ago. My thinking is that it would be a good watch for rough wear but only if 500 bucks and an overhaul (not sure what that would cost) still make it a good price. If any of you experts have suggestions, please let me know.

One last note. I've enjoyed reading the forum and learned from the posts. One of those posts led me to Archer's blog. If, by chance, you haven't checked it out already I highly recommend it. Especially if you are a beginner, like me.

Thanks 3810.50.jpg 3810.50 two.jpg

2. JulienLeBreton Mar 1, 2013

Hi,
    Just 500 bucks for a speedmaster auto? Where did you find it?
    A few month back I choose a speed pro against an auto just because the gap between them was tiny, I remember autos about 900 euros!
    I guess that you must check or ask the seller photos when resetting chrono, of the caseback,and the mouvement. but for the price it's a good catch!
    If you find other like these, PM me, it will be a perfect gift for my father!