Forums Latest Members
  1. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 14, 2013

Am I being unreasonable? I received a bezel that I purchased off the bay yesterday and I am now seeking to return it. The description was "good condition with signs of ageing" although he states it said "fair condition ( the ad was in Italian). Either way I don't consider it to be good or fair condition.

Below is the sellers photo which I do not believe depicted reality and is a poor photo so I also had to rely on description.

[​IMG][/URL]

and my pics, slightly better quality.

[​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]
    Input welcome.

Cheers

2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Nov 15, 2013

we used to throw that in the bin........ kind regards. achim

3. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 15, 2013

I feel like doing that but I would rather have my money back.

4. John R Smith Nov 15, 2013

Open a case in the Resolution Centre for 'item not as described'.

5. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 15, 2013

I have already started the process. I guess I just wanted to confirm that I wasn't being unreasonable.

6. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 15, 2013

Latest update.

The seller has stated that I am lying and he will not refund or take return. I have added my photos and will take it further.

Cheers

7. CdnWatchDoc Nov 15, 2013

Agreed, the seller's pics are poor, but your pics and those provided don't match; you should have a case.

8. ulackfocus Nov 15, 2013

Wouldn't be the first time an eBay seller under- or over-exposed photos to hide faults.

9. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 15, 2013

I have never had to do this before. The picture was very poor quality and did not enlarge well which is why the description was so important. Obviously now I suspect the poor quality was to intentionally deceive. Hopefully it will work out.

Cheers

10. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Nov 15, 2013

will work with paypal. you could at any given time discover, that the whole thing is a fake from vietnam...... good luck ! achim

11. John R Smith Nov 16, 2013

Stick to your guns. Each time the seller replies to you refusing a return, immediately reply politely stating that the item is not as described and the reason why, and requesting that the seller accepts a return and refunds your money. When the 8 days is up, escalate the case in the Resolution Centre. Ebay will usually decide in your favour and authorise the return.

12. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 16, 2013

Hi John. I intend to, if I could have determined the condition from the pic I would never have purchased. I am fussy and could have accepted good to fair with signs of ageing but this is far from that.

Cheers

13. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 28, 2013

Hi guys. Time for an update, I stood my ground and it went to eBay for adjudication. The ruling went in my favour and the bezel is currently on its way back. Hopefully next week I should have a refund.

Cheers

John R Smith likes this.
  14. John R Smith Nov 28, 2013

Good for you and for once eBay was on the side of the good guys with the white hats :thumbsup: