Forums Latest Members

Opinions on Strap for a Ref. 2627 & other Vendors?

1. impalla62ss Apr 12, 2024

Hello all,

I have finally found a Date at Six and I am looking for padded straps with a bit of space before the stitching, like you see in old Omega catalogs. I recall there was talk of a group purchase for custom made ones, but I do not know if that came to fruition. I have found two vintage examples that will work. I like the look of the green one, but an not sure if I am into that color. I am also interested to see if anyone found a vendor that offers this style of strap. Anyway any input is greatly appreciated.
    Head.jpg Padded Green.jpg Brown Padded1.jpg

theluckyluke likes this.
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 12, 2024

impalla62ss likes this.
  3. theluckyluke Apr 12, 2024

I have ordered at CNS before. Lots of choice (maybe too much even). The quality is standard but for 10$ or so it gives you some room to try new things without breaking the wallet. Then you can upgrade quality once you find a style that works.

4. impalla62ss Apr 12, 2024

Sadly, the only 18mm padded strap in stock at CNSWatchBands was in turquoise. There was a nice 16mm in light brown though if any one is looking. I received an offer from a seller on a long light brown vintage padded, and I scooped it up along with the dark green one as it had the design I was really looking for. I should be good to go. That green is so dark that it will likely work, but you never know until you see it first hand.

green20.jpg brown.jpg
  5. impalla62ss May 5, 2024

All done with original 14k buckle, as seen in the advertisement, and period correct padded strap! This watch was a bucket list item for me and I am floored with it.
    IMG_1179.jpg IMG_1180.jpg IMG_1182.jpg IMG_1181.jpg advert.png

X350 XJR and M'Bob like this.