Forums Latest Members

Opinions on Seamaster Pro 300 Commanders edition please.

1. Steve Essex Mar 17, 2018

Hi
    After selling my motorbike (getting too old) I have a bit of spare cash and I'm considering buying a Seamaster Pro 300. I’m quite taken with the Commanders limited edition version - it’s certainly distinctive and I like the glass case back. I’ve yet to see one in the flesh though and I normally buy things that I like but..........my wife tells me it looks like a child’s toy watch!

What’s the opinions amongst you Omega aficionados? Just another Omega LE cashing in on a film series or a possible future classic?

2. bazderome Mar 17, 2018

What your wife said :whistling: but that's personal opinion !

3. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 17, 2018

Hmm opinion is mostly negative. There is a thread in here discussing it. The presence of a medal ribbon in the packaging has drawn suggestions of tackiness and false valour. The 007 second hand has drawn criticism too. If you like it, you should of course try one but my advice would be buy at a discount, as big as possible. It could end up as an appreciating classic I guess but the strong whiff of Walter Mitty about it may keep values depressed. I think there was one in our sales section recently which conspicuously sat there for a long while. Just checked, it's there still...

Edited Mar 17, 2018
  4. CPRwatch Mar 17, 2018

X2 for me , there so many better options to choose from .

Steve Essex likes this.
  5. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 17, 2018

The rotor does look good IMO, Wear it backwards maybe?

Steve Essex likes this.
  6. Steve Essex Mar 17, 2018

Thanks all. Say no more, mind made up. I’ll pretend to have listened to my wife! :D

lando, Nobel Prize, Jrcigar and 5 others like this.
  7. Steve Essex Mar 17, 2018

[QUOTE="there so many better options to choose from .[/QUOTE]

What seems to be the most popular choice? Any negatives for the bog standard blue or black current versions?

8. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 17, 2018

The He valve isn’t univerally popular and many myself included mourn the passing of the sword hands variants like the 2254 and 2255. Other than that they are pretty popular. I think the current blue one uses a black date wheel which is odd and the dial waves have gone which seems a shame.

Steve Essex likes this.
  9. Traveler Mar 17, 2018

Wait for a week - Baselword is coming ... may be the waves come back?

Steve Essex and padders like this.
  10. stevec14 Mar 17, 2018

Not my cup of tea. I bought in a moment of madness and flogged it at a loss 2 days later. I will say it looks better on the bracelet than the garish nato however.

It’s not a complete disaster, but I think you can do better for around the £3.5k mark.

Steve Essex and padders like this.
  11. alam Mar 17, 2018

she made a good call!

:thumbsdown:

good to hear you decided to pretend...:)

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 12.27.41 PM.png
    Steve Essex likes this.
  12. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Mar 17, 2018

The black is a beautiful watch, especially once you remove the bracelet (which isn’t the prettiest omega do) and stick it on a strap. I have it on rubber at the moment which makes it much more rough and ready, which I like.

Edit. Not sure what’s going on with the quote functionality here. This is in reply to “Any negatives for the bog standard blue or black current versions?”

67ViP and Steve Essex like this.
  13. Steve Essex Mar 17, 2018

Fingers crossed then. No rush to buy - prepared to wait for the right one to come along.

14. 67ViP Mar 17, 2018

Yes...Black on Bond is beautiful.

PSX_20180112_120130.jpg PSX_20180123_105710.jpg
    Jrcigar, Steve Essex and stevec14 like this.
  15. gixxer47 Mar 19, 2018

yeah... new Diver 300M coming out this year with wave dials, 3 different color dials also with 3 additional gold/stainless versions. I think there is gonna be a titanium version too. Full in house movement with Master Chronometer certification. maybe you'll like the new designs but the price point will be a little bit more than the current model. Plus you'll probably have to wait till sometime in the last quarter of 2018 for delivery.
    My personal thought of the Commanders, I was very excited to hear of a new Bond piece back in June 2017 but I was very disappointed when I finally saw the pictures.
    I was just in Japan last month looking through a lot of 2nd hand luxury watch shops and saw a few BNIB selling for way less than retail. But you should always buy what you like and not based on what others think. After all, its on YOUR wrist! :)

16. Shailor Mar 19, 2018

I happened to be at a boutique when they got their first Commanders watch. It looked good from a distance as I've always liked white dials. From arms length, the seconds hand counterweight became distracting. I decided to keep my 300 which has become my daily wearer. I'd hold off and see what new offerings come along. There'll be plenty of black and blue 399's available if the new ones don't catch your fancy.

IMG_0296.JPG
  17. gixxer47 Mar 19, 2018

great shot! I do like the blue and black dial versions

18. Steve Essex Mar 19, 2018

As I said, I don’t mind waiting for the right watch but I was in the Omega boutique only tonight so I asked about the wave dials coming back out and the assistant said he'd seen that on the forums but he thinks not! He told me there may be a new flightmaster coming out. It’s all guesswork until it happens I suppose.

19. hermansen Mar 19, 2018

I bought one at an AD at a 40% discount in February.
    I then decided I liked the look of the new Railmaster better, and decided I'd try to sell it with a slight profit.
    After several weeks I had no interest, and had to drop the price down to what I bought it for, and even then the response was extremely low.
    I'm just glad I got rid of it without making a loss, they are not selling at all.

Really hoping for a new wave dial at Basel, as i haven't pulled the trigger on the Railmaster yet.

20. gixxer47 Mar 19, 2018

Ooohhh! The new railmaster, esp on the nylon/ textile strap! I do like that piece! Even the LE. I was almost convinced to get the railmaster but held off.

As for the Diver 300m with wave dial, #theyareback!! I had the privilege to see them already. So I do feel really bad about leaking the info. Anyways, I'm so excited for the reveal from many of the other brands.