Forums Latest Members
  1. gbesq Mar 4, 2019

I’m contemplating the purchase of a new Seamaster Aqua Terra. This particular model has the day display at the twelve o’clock position and the date display at the six o’clock position. Calibre 8602 movement with a 55 hour power reserve. Anybody familiar with the details on this automatic movement? Accurate? Reliable? The only standard of reference that I have for Omega automatics is the calibre 2500d on my SMPc 300m diver. Thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

2. JeremyS Mar 4, 2019

I have this movement in the Constellation. No issues. Mine runs a couple seconds slow, but it could just have easily run a couple seconds fast, too. It’s been extremely consistent over the past year or so. The rate deviated less than a second per day when worn regularly.

The 8602 is a twin barrel design based on the 8500/8900, but with the addition of a day complication. The day complication takes the place of the jumping hour hand feature. So, unlike the 8500/8900, you can’t adjust the hour hand without stopping the second hand on the 8602. On the plus side, it is much easier to change the date because it uses the quick set date feature.

Wetworks likes this.
  3. gbesq Mar 4, 2019

Thanks. I appreciate the info.