Forums Latest Members
  1. robocaspar Oct 20, 2016

2. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 20, 2016

£35K and the worst pics on the planet (more now added)!

Case:

Top case: looks sharp and original with limited signs of refinishing but its clearly spent most of its life in s tumble dryer of rocks, that said note the definition showing the bevel edge and a great tell for the newbie of lack of refinishing is the clearly defined lip on the non pusher side of the case where the crown sits opposite (7-10 o'clock)

Case back: looks sharp and clear hippocampus, no signs of damaging or refinishing

Dial: original for the reference, although lume is gross and I couldn't live with it so would relume, there appears to be some age related marks or corrosion/rush clearly evident on the top of the right sub dial.

Movement: appears original clean and in range, clearly rust ingress on the pushers (evident in the pics) and rust through the hands which is a worry but possible not a big deal

The rest: Bezel gone, hour, minute, second and sub second recorders wrong, crown wrong (£10000-£15000+ of parts if you can find them and anyone is willing to part with them)

All of that said with the mania at the moment I cannot see it lasting long

In reality with the original parts back then its probably £50K++ watch nowadays so if someone can add the parts its probably not a terrible buy but it will always be a project watch and with that in mind I would probably just spend my time finding a good original one, its not like its a -1!

Edited Oct 20, 2016
  3. robocaspar Oct 20, 2016

Dial did look original to me. The watch looks like it was in a parts bin for years.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Oct 20, 2016

One helluva expensive project watch. This calls for a watchmaker of the highest caliber.
    hammer.jpg

5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 20, 2016

6. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Oct 21, 2016

Seller claims he has a 22k £ offer to close face to face in Portugal.