Opinion on this Omega Tank De Ville

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum, and have not a lot of experience identifying Omega watches or their fair values, so please bear with me! I saw this Omega De Ville for sale, and thought that it looked really nice (for a more classy vibe). I really like the style of a Cartier Tank Louis, and thought this could be a nice alternative for now. I believe this guy is asking for US$500, do you think this is a fair price? Do you think it is possibly a franken piece? I cannot find any other exact models of it elsewhere. The movement is a calibre 620 I think, and the dial is apparently solid gold with a 'OM' marking on it. I also really like the texture of the dial, I think it is quite unique and cool looking 😀

Here are some pictures of the watch:

ref-511.0404-14-1.jpg
ref-511.0404-14-7.jpg ref-511.0404-14-8.jpg
ref-511.0404-14-5.jpg
ref-511.0404-14-9.jpg
ref-511.0404-14-6.jpg

Thank you!

Please post pics in the thread as well

Gonna be small, so beware. Around 26-28mm wide, I would guess.

620 movt is 17-18mm wide.

Gonna be small, so beware. Around 26-28mm wide, I would guess.

620 movt is 17-18mm wide.

Yep, it is small but I have a small wrist, so it is fine. I believe it is 23mm by 30mm. What do you think of the price? Is it decent?

Tough question. For me, yes.

Size and design with a sweep seconds hand say women's watch, and this Market is very small.

Service cost needs to be factored in, also. That's close to $200USD maybe less maybe more wherever you live.

Like many things, if you like it and plan to wear it on a regular basis, you'll get $5-700 worth of pleasure and will soon forget the cost.

As for intrinsic value? Melt value plus $30-50 for movement.

Welcome to the Forum

Tough question. For me, yes.

Size and design with a sweep seconds hand say women's watch, and this Market is very small.

Service cost needs to be factored in, also. That's close to $200USD maybe less maybe more wherever you live.

Like many things, if you like it and plan to wear it on a regular basis, you'll get $5-700 worth of pleasure and will soon forget the cost.

As for intrinsic value? Melt value plus $30-50 for movement.

Welcome to the Forum

Right I see. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt being ripped off haha, or getting a weird franken watch. I don’t think this has a sweep seconds, and its reference number is 511.0404 which is a men’s model. It was also recently serviced apparently. Might just go for it, I do quite like the look and I have seen it in person and tried it on. I’m certainly going to wear the hell out of it.

Take seller’s statement on “service “ with a grain of salt unless they can provide a written document from a real Watch Maker you can confirm with a conversation with the WM on what the WM actually did to the watch and can confirm any guarantee that flows to you after you buy it.

Enjoy your watch

Take seller’s statement on “service “ with a grain of salt unless they can provide a written document from a real Watch Maker you can confirm with a conversation with the WM on what the WM actually did to the watch and can confirm any guarantee that flows to you after you buy it.

Enjoy your watch
True ! Unless you have some clear evidence that the seller is (also) a watchmaker and you know that other previous buyers had their watch serviced prior to buying it from him, which would give you a certain degree of confidence. Then a good watchmaker would be able to inspect the movement and confirm whether critical areas are clean and has seen some recent oiling...

True ! Unless you have some clear evidence that the seller is (also) a watchmaker and you know that other previous buyers had their watch serviced prior to buying it from him, which would give you a certain degree of confidence. Then a good watchmaker would be able to inspect the movement and confirm whether critical areas are clean and has seen some recent oiling...

Thanks for the advice! I believe he is a watch maker too and even offered to service my current watch which is slightly too fast… but I will verify this too myself.