Forums Latest Members

Opinion on Santos with leather strap please..

1. ducatiti Sep 13, 2019

I agree with you guys in regards that the Santos is meant to be with the bracelet. I just like the option to switch it out in seconds to change the look a bit, many watches in one if you have multiple straps. Thank you.

89-0 likes this.
  2. thelinendial Oct 9, 2019

I just got my Cartier De Santos all steel and same brown leather today.

I’d say the brown is more versatile than the blue and lends itself also to a casual and you can push or a bit to be dressy... maybe.

Like others here, I prefer it on the metal bracelet (in my opinion the most versatile) and plan to wear it except for the summer.

For dressy or business casual to dressy I intend to save up and buy the crocodile dark brown leather.

What I think is my best advice is look to the wife :) and any in person friends... I find how you are as a person changes what style of watch you pull off too.

3. ducatiti Oct 9, 2019

Congratulations! Did you get the medium or large and any discount?

I'm beginning to like the alligator strap more than the bracelet, especially when trying on the black alligator with a suit. Like you, I agree that the brown alligator will look great too. I will be picking mine up on Friday and share some pics.

Why not wear the bracelet for the summer?... just curious.

Here are some pictures with a sports jacket..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Oct 9, 2019
  4. thelinendial Oct 9, 2019

Hey Ducatiti, I got the medium no date WSSA0010 and it was bought barely used from a friend - so crazy discount :).

Wow the dark brown alligator looks really smart!

I love metal, but after I installed an EasyLink adjuster on my Rolex Oyster Perpetual I’m now spoiled. And will only wear metal in summer if I can adjust in the fly.

Hmmm... having said that maybe I’ll keep a Cartier link in the office as it’s so easy to add and remove.

Look forward to your personal pics of the brown alligator!

5. ducatiti Oct 9, 2019

Looks like you got a great deal. Lucky you Phamti.

Yes, the 5mm easy link adjustment is a life saver. I can't seem to get the perfect fitment on the cartier, even moving links to either side (12 or 6 o'clock sides) as it gets tight during the day. So I just have it loose when adjusted at night.

I'll certainly post pics of the Brown alligator on Friday but here is a more fitting picture for your SS model (not my picture). Stunner for sure :)

[​IMG]

6. Gasman Oct 10, 2019

I think bracelet or smooth black leather.