Forums Latest Members

Opinion on Santos with leather strap please..

1. ducatiti Sep 8, 2019

So I have the black and brown gator straps on order from Cartier, bought this one from the local boutique while waiting for the 2-3 month turn around.

I would like to ask for your opinions if strap goes well with the TT Santos.

Thanks in advance.

Also, would this setup work with a suit or more a casual look?

Please feel free to comment if you feel differently otherwise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BenBagbag Sep 8, 2019

It's not conforming to your wrist. Do you need to break it in? And if you do break it in will it then mess with the fit against the inside of your wrist?

Interesting combo otherwise.

SmartSelect_20190908-134631_Chrome.jpg

3. ducatiti Sep 8, 2019

Thanks for your input. Took the pictures literally after installing the new strap from its flat state.

My first quality "branded" strap and not sure if this combo is for a more formal or casual look.

Interesting combo for you in a yay or nay way? :)

4. BenBagbag Sep 8, 2019

I know it's cliche, but it's your watch and you can use it to dress up or down. I'd just say to avoid wearing it with a black suit. :thumbsup:

5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Sep 8, 2019

I like it. Not completely sure about the light blue stitching but sometimes things look more vivid on camera, pokes of course the magnification. Bust a blue leather on a Santos I like a lot.

BenBagbag likes this.
  6. ducatiti Sep 8, 2019

Noted. Only second watch with a leather strap. Usually wear my AT in either black or brown strap with a suit or others in SS.

Mind if I ask why not with a black suit? Brown or grey suit more suitable?

7. ducatiti Sep 8, 2019

I agree on the stitches but hopefully they get darker in time.

8. BenBagbag Sep 8, 2019

Idk, it's just a very vivid blue. Would look great with navy or brown IMO.

Pun likes this.
  9. ducatiti Sep 8, 2019

I appreciate your opinion. Thanks. Wifey advised not to wear the blue strap with a navy suit.. too blue lol :)

10. Evitzee Sep 8, 2019

Looks good to me. We tend to overthink these sorts of things. Almost no one you encounter in public is going to notice your watch, much less the strap choice. You are wearing it for yourself. Whether you like it or not is really the only criteria. To me it looks appropriate.

11. ducatiti Sep 8, 2019

Thank you sir. Totally true, probably 9 out of 10 random people won't even notice our watches. Overthinking may be the correct term but I just want my money's worth for a $400 strap hehe, maybe exchanging for another color. As mentioned, I already ordered the black and brown straps that I can't go wrong with IMO.

Your feedback means a lot :) I just thought the blue will be too busy for the two tone, or just too much going on. No doubt that it will look good in an all SS Santos in my opinion.

12. ducatiti Sep 8, 2019

Funny thing I really liked the bright orange gator at the Boutique today. A bit daring but OK :)

Don't want to regret it again and swapped the blue gator for a calf brown strap to play safe, plus $150 cheaper. I'm waiting delivery black and brown gators straps and figured to have a plain and simple calf strap for a change.

Thank you all for your suggestions and/or opinions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 8, 2019

You just confirmed. That watch belongs on a bracelet.

Pun and 89-0 like this.
  14. ducatiti Sep 8, 2019

I agree but considering I only have a very small collection, great to have options of changing to straps.

Nobel Prize likes this.
  15. ducatiti Sep 9, 2019

I have a 7.8 in (20mm) wrist.

As mentioned above. I returned the blue gator and exchanged for the dark brown calf. IMO, this color combo goes together better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pun and thelinendial like this.
  16. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Sep 9, 2019

I like some colour on my watch straps, short of my wedding ring, and nicely polished shoes, it’s the only jewelry I wear.

I like the blue strap you have as a nice bit of flair for dressy occasions. I suspect that dark brown would be nice for a casual look.

17. WatchShopping Sep 9, 2019

Quite an interesting look and not half bad for both strap colors. Try both out for suit and casual to see which you are most comfortable with.

18. Ville_W Sep 9, 2019

Sorry, it doesn’t fly imho. I like it better on bracelet. But if you want to experiment with leather this picture on a very early Santos may guide you in a better direction F5C29114-9A88-4E77-AFCA-1600BAE2EC63.jpeg

KingCrouchy likes this.
  19. Phlardge Sep 11, 2019

For whatever reason, I like the watch much better on the strap, the bracelet just feels a bit too blingy for me. I think it would look best on a dark dark brown cordovan or suede or a black crocodile. Handsome watch though!

20. inchpincher Has your missing inches Sep 12, 2019

I agree with @Larry S , the bracelet for me is a fundamental part of the Santos charm, find a vintage Tank for leather.
    Top marks for not scratching that polished bezel, makes me nervous just looking at it.