Opinion on omega seamaster 2849-1 sc

Hello everyone. I wanted to buy this reference. Omega seamaster calendar 2849-1 Sc. But I'm not sure it's original. Because if I search for the same reference on the internet, different watches appear or without the writing calendar. Can anyone tell me som

It's hard to see the text on the dial based off of the pictures you provided. The crown is wrong. Will come down to better pics and price.

I’m not certain the crown is necessarily is wrong. I’ve seen this kind on other 2849s and local production fat lugs.

The case back gasket is missing so you would want a service right away. The case may be polished some, hard to tell. I don't see any problems.
I do like the gold features on SS case.

Dial has been repainted at some point. I would pass.
I'm interested to know why you think it's repainted? What tells?

I'm interested to know why you think it's repainted? What tells?
Actually I’m gonna say it’s a service dial replacement now. I’d say wrong fonts. Should be coat hanger for the S in Seamaster.

It's a matter of period. At the end of the 50s they did it like this. It is also the same in some seamasters of the 60s like mine which is a 166.067

Do you have movement serial number? These are from late 50's mine has 15,xxx,xxx with coathanger S

Found this on google
Do you have movement serial number? These are from late 50's mine has 15,xxx,xxx with coathanger S

I don’t know what that is supposed to prove?
Same case ref. With a swooping "S" seamaster calendar. So more than one exists. Could be a service dial too, or both are original. YMMV

Same case ref. With a swooping "S" seamaster calendar. So more than one exists. Could be a service dial too, or both are original. YMMV
I wouldn’t use that one you shared as a good comparison. That one is a definite repainted dial along with other discrepancies. The use of that “S” on these later 50s models are usually a good indication of a redial or service dial.

All the font on that example you shared is incredibly suspect.

Second vote for OPs watch having a service dial, not a refinish.

I wouldn’t use that one you shared as a good comparison. That one is a definite repainted dial along with other discrepancies. The use of that “S” on these later 50s models are usually a good indication of a redial or service dial.

All the font on that example you shared is incredibly suspect.
I agree, that font has no serif, relumed hands and no lume on dial.

I would say refinished dial.