Forums Latest Members
  1. Unwound Feb 10, 2014

Just a note of caution, wearing my favorite old speedy I left work in a winter snowstorm only to end up over the side of the road during the icy, windy white-out.
    So when it was time to dig out wearing the old speedy with it's original worn out crown with long gone gaskets it became snow packed as the sleeve/glove relationship parted ways during the task at hand. HAD I remembered I was wearing it I would have removed it but the watch was of no thought at the time considering the situation.

It's off now to have the recently serviced movement serviced again and a proper sealing new crown and pushers replaced. Yeah, nothing like making sure it's got the original 50year old crown. No Omega service crowns for me. No way. Not if I'm going to wear it.

2. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Feb 10, 2014

If it was recently service it may not need anything more given the seal was replaced but just have the watchmaker check it out and could be you need nothing more.

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 10, 2014

What's a bit of snow compared to the conditions on the moon?

ulackfocus and mac_omega like this.
  4. Unwound Feb 10, 2014

That would most fortunate if it was that simple. By the time the night was over it was well packed it snow and ice and showing some moisture inside
    the crystal the next morning.

5. toddmp Feb 10, 2014

water!

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 10, 2014

Water - giveth and taketh life!

7. richardew Feb 11, 2014

I only leave the original crown and pushers on if the watch passes the pressure test with them on. I wear mine routinely and do whatever is necessary (new crown and pushers) to make them water "resistant". The original parts look good in a plastic bag in the watch box. Since you caught it right away I imagine that your watch will be O'k. It sure has been an interesting winter so far.

8. Lex4TDI4Life Feb 11, 2014

Perhaps an overnight in an airtight container with uncooked rice? A desiccant packet?

9. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Feb 11, 2014

A couple of months in the International Space Station should square it away. Those Speedies weren't meant for this world.

ulackfocus likes this.