Forums Latest Members
  1. Clay Sep 3, 2017

As I have gotten older my need to "Have" has lessened...

I sold off my entire collection about two years ago...(19 watches)

And have since that time been looking for ONE WATCH to ride off into the sunset with...

I think I have found it...

I had a Date version first, but after getting this beauty I am going to sell the Date and keep this one...

Just so beautiful...

Maybe it's because I have 8" wrists, but the watch fits like it was custom made for me...

And I love the feature that many complain about...The extra long lugs...

So elegant...Reminds me of a dancers legs...

The perfect combination of vintage feel without all the hassles of vintage...

Keeping time well within COSC standards with a wonderful fit and finish at a very very reasonable price point compared to many other watches I have owned over the years...

I am new to the Longine brand having been a Rolex guy my entire life...

But I think they got it spot on with this one...

Cheers...

IMG_2949.jpg

2. neilfrancis Sep 3, 2017

Amazing the difference the date window makes (for me) to the overall vibe of this watch.

Like you, I prefer this no-dater. Great choice.

George.A and nonuffinkbloke like this.
  3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Sep 3, 2017

not to seem too skeptical... but one watch? Good luck with that.

It might turn into one watch a time... or one and a bit (being two or three in truth)

Or even "one at a time", trading in every few years for something different.

but only one watch? one tiny watch??? only one...??? I don't think its humanly possible.

once a watch junkie always a watch junkie.

After all... its a diver, and there is that annual black tie thing to go to... and you would want to wear it mowing the lawn, thats what quartz is for!

Mind you, that particular model of Longines has spoken to me before, it is really quite perfect.

if only I didn't have such damn skinny arms.

Dammit now I need a beer and some time to think!

Good luck with that beautiful timepiece.

mikekchc and jumpingsecond like this.
  4. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Sep 3, 2017

One watch would be impossible. I think most all here would agree.

I have been wearing this one for 14 days straight, a record for me. But I'm also on vacation.

IMG_20170825_172526.jpg

5. alfanator Sep 9, 2017

I am envious of the one watch man. He is fulfilled. The rest of us keeps chasing the next one, like a hungry ghost.

6. Seiji Sep 11, 2017

When I sell off all my watches, I'm getting a new house or go around the world a couple of times.

7. Clay Sep 11, 2017

Funny enough, that's what I did...Sold off all my watches and built a house for my wife and I to spend the remainder of our days...

After a year with no watch what so ever, I decided that I couldn't bare it without at least one nice watch...
    So I picked up a No Date Legend Diver...
    Fantastic...!!! IMG_3040.jpg

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  8. Rumar89 Sep 11, 2017

I like my gold three handers a little too much to cut back to one watch, but the more you post this no date the more I want one.

CrisROSE likes this.
  9. CrisROSE Sep 11, 2017

I'm currently a 1 watch guy. But with a fantastic bracelet and a handful of nylon and leather natos, the Tudor Black Bay 41 has a lot of looks and an amazing everyday wear.

IMG_20170909_221151_982.jpg
    nonuffinkbloke and Jwit like this.
  10. R3D9 Sep 11, 2017

Careful, you're going to develop Carpal Tunnel Syndrome wearing that thing for so many days in a row ;)

11. KstateSkier Sep 11, 2017

Bravo to you "one watchers". I have almost a daily obsession with either my SMPO, Vintage Speedy, and whatever I see on this damn site. Its a constant battle.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  12. CrisROSE Sep 11, 2017

I was very tempted by the Master Collection Retrograde as my one watch, but in the end I agreed with Clay that a 3 hand no date just offers that simple look that goes with everything

13. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Sep 11, 2017

One watch is fine for me at the moment. I'm on the look out for a more modern Speedmaster. One that I can wear (on this old 1171/633 bracelet) every day without worrying about damage, but I suppose If it were not for my Dad leaving me his old 1965 Speedy I would probably be a zero watch guy.

Cheers Dad!
    20170507_165913-1.jpg

14. Clay Sep 11, 2017

What I love about this watch is that is has a wonderful vintage feel without all the headaches associated with vintage...
    As I get older I just don't want the hassle of owning a vintage watch anymore...
    Not a hassle for some I'm sure, but I've had my fill of vintage over the last 35 years...
    IMG_3011.jpg

15. mikekchc Dec 6, 2017

i like t
    i hadn't actually considered a tudor black bay, but this photo does it for me. it looks so cute here, great photo

16. mikekchc Dec 6, 2017

i just picked up my own LLD, YESTERDAY!
    am on the same page as you. I like that it's so versatile. Have gotten very quickly very deep into love with the vintage looks.