Forums Latest Members

Online Dealer selling a pretty meshed up Rolex 1501

1. sdre Dec 5, 2017

2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 5, 2017

Actually send them a note ... I’ve flagged their mistakes before and they correct. They claim to be Rolex geeks though...::facepalm1::

KingCrouchy, Kmart, sdre and 2 others like this.
  3. sxl2004 Dec 5, 2017

T&H are supposedly Rolex DJ heaven for the uninformed.
    I wrote two times with suggestions for corrections and there was no interest in correcting the mistake or addressing the issue.
    They used to be fun to buy from with reasonable prices, but are now one of the online dealers going for the quick buck.
    Great social media presence though.

4. ConElPueblo Dec 5, 2017

Nice case polish. Must be the Rolex answer to the Speedmaster asymmetrical case :D

5. watch3s Dec 5, 2017

T&H are hacks mostly arent they? He used to roll with TGV

6. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Dec 5, 2017

sxl2004 likes this.
  7. Drawarms Dec 5, 2017

sdre likes this.
  8. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Dec 5, 2017

who buys this shit? $3,770 for a 34mm Date...jesus.

The market is officially fucked if this swill brings anywhere near that price.

watch3s, propervinyl and sdre like this.
  9. sxl2004 Dec 5, 2017

He is selling tons of DJs et al for this price.

sdre likes this.
  10. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Dec 5, 2017

A friend of mine, an old school Rolex dealer, told me that when DJs start to bring silly money, then a correction is coming.

Looks like we may be heading that way...

Awful that it has come to this, so many ill informed fuckwits buying overpriced pieces of mediocrity.

MaiLollo, Davidt, sdre and 2 others like this.
  11. Kmart Dec 5, 2017

A correction in which direction? Up or down? I think sooner or later anything that says Rolex on the dial is going to bring silly money, but I can't see the market going anywhere but up at this point...

By the way, for the record: Theo and Harris is basically one guy, Christian Zeron. He's a young dealer with a penchant for Datejusts and generally any vintage watches that are on the smaller, dressier side. Of course it's overpriced but what dealer isn't? If people want to pay that kind of money for an Oyster Perpetual or DJ then that's their prerogative. I don't see how it's indicative of anything other than people willing to pay a premium for a serviced watch from a trusted dealer (this watch notwithstanding).

watch3s and sdre like this.
  12. sdre Dec 5, 2017

I think there was a discussion thread about this before.

Generally if I were to pay a premium from a dealer, I hope that by paying that 15-20% more, everything is genuine or at least declared so that the buyer knows what is he exactly buying. I have no qualms with TH writing on their sale page all the glaring issues with the watch and then them stating whatever price that they want to sell.

chows99 and Drawarms like this.
  13. Kmart Dec 5, 2017

It's been said many times before, but it's worth saying again: when buying from ANYONE - especially dealers - caveat emptor. If you blindly buy a vintage watch from a dealer without doing any of your own research, you're going to have a bad time. Contrary to popular belief, it's not their job to make sure every watch that comes through is 100% genuine; it's their job to source watches and make money.

Now, if someone brings an issue to their attention and they refuse to disclose it in the listing, then that's another story. But like @Larry S said, send him an email letting him know your concerns. He'll correct it.

watch3s, MaiLollo and jumpingsecond like this.
  14. sxl2004 Dec 5, 2017

As stated before, @Larry S ’s experience nomwithstanding, in my experience those were the days that he would correct things. Now it is just about self agrandization and a quick sale.

A former satisfied customer

15. kkt Dec 5, 2017

He's advertising tons of DJs for this price. Who knows how many he's selling for this price. :rolleyes:

watch3s likes this.
  16. sxl2004 Dec 5, 2017

He just claimed to crack $1M sales this year. The watches sell pretty quickly so I guess he is not giving a ton of discount.

watch3s and sdre like this.
  17. sdre Dec 5, 2017

Don't mind me but u have a source for that? I don't follow his ig nor videos that much. The way he speaks rubs off me the wrong way

watch3s likes this.
  18. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Dec 5, 2017

I've not heard of Theo nor Harris but they both seem to have a pretty good handle of the Swiss watch aesthetic.

It appears that early on, they had a pretty sweet inventory of nice Rolex 16xx and Omega 5xx.

They now appear to be down to some pretty thin gruel.

If the watches they currently have are worth anywhere near their asking prices then I'm like a ...billionaire !!!

(Btw - does anyone know what they sold that 145.022 moonwatch for? It was Sept)

sxl2004 likes this.
  19. sxl2004 Dec 6, 2017

I found it in Christina’s IG stories and a document is linked.
    http://www.shu.edu/arts-sciences/news/startup-company-founder-credits-catholic-studies-major.cfm

He does a fantastic job creating social media presence about watches and creating interest in his T&H shop.
    In his first year he was really entertaining and brought a different view. Now it is just self serving BS but it pays. Kudos to Christian for pulling off to build an online shop this size.
    We are just not his target audience.

watchknut likes this.
  20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 6, 2017

Any logic behind this assertion? I doubt it, but if so I'd love to hear it.

watch3s likes this.