One of the coolest watches I have found, Ernest Borel 18k

I recently found this watch at an estate sale. It is an amazing example of asymmetrical watches! This Ernest Borel is 18k gold and was overlooked at the entire sale because the strap threads through the back and covered up the 18k marking. I have never seen another example of this watch online and assume it is very rare. If anyone can find another please post it as I would love to see it!! I have worn it twice and love looking at how unique it is on my wrist!

Nice find.

Patek Philippe and Audemars Piguet also created interesting, asymmetric case designs.

AP and PP couldn't unload these asymmetrical designs when they were produced, they were way ahead of their time. Now they are greatly sought after.

That Borel is interesting, they were widely known as makers of pretty cheap ladies cocktail watches after WWII. They probably didn't make too many 18k gold watches. And it probably wasn't very expensive when sold.
Edited:

When your case maker has been hitting the hooch…

@Spartcom5 - very cool find 👍

Hamilton also produced some really cool asymmetrical designs (the white gold Sir Echo is symmetrical but a cool design nonetheless)