One more vintage enthusiast from Italy

Hello everyone,
I just joined the forum due to the great amount of informations that I was able to gather in just a few clicks when I discovered it. I'm an Italian engineer that's always been in love with tools, technology, their development throughout the years and therefore technologically-interesting vintage objects such as watches (and radios or Hi-Fis). My grandpa owned a couple watches (Longines and Seiko mainly) and started introducing me to this world, telling me lots of stories about Omegas which he was never able to afford. This Omega myth has grown with me and I think it's finally time to reward myself with something that could bring me back to his time. I hope I'll be able to find some hints and suggestions on the matter and I'll take the chance to ask what would be the best section where to ask any opinions on items that are being sold online before purchasing.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum! Asking questions before purchasing is a wise idea. Where to ask the question, depends on what the watch is. If it is a modern Omega, ask in the Modern Omega Watches forum, vintage: the Vintage Omega Watches forum, or another brand ask in the appropriate brand forum. Post a lot of good pictures to get the best answers. Our private watch sales forums often has good deals from members: https://omegaforums.net/forums/private-watch-sales/

You won't be able to post in the Sales subforum until you have 200 legitimate posts on the forums, but you can always send the seller a private message. Good luck on your watch hunt!

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing what you choose as your first Omega!