Forums Latest Members
  1. Gibbs Jan 4, 2021

Hi to all, during the pandemic lockdown I opened some old boxes my Dad left to me when passed away 20 yrs ago. I discovered a couple of Omega watches i forgot long time. oh, memories came out.
    Ok, I started "opening" watches since I was 14, 46 yrs ago, but only because I am a professional engineer and tinkering with objects is in my DNA (my job is consulting large information systems).
    My main hobby is guitar, as you can see in the avatar. Of course I built the partscaster you partially see in the avatar. I am considering tinkering again with mechanical watches, now that knowledge and tooling is easier (and more family-friendly than playing loud guitar, as my wife's grandfather was a watchmaker, but -ach!- his watchmaker table and tooling sold in the mid '70s).

These are Dad's Omega Watches that drive me here:

This is what I suppose is a 1944-1946 bumper", maybe is re-dialed because I cannot see the Omega greek letter logo...
    20210102_173742.jpg

This is a 1966 gold "century".
    20210104_112512.jpg

I have also other watches. I most use Hamilton Khakis (had 3, broke and lost two mountaineering and sailing). I have also a gold quartz "engagement" Longines and a custom made automatic chronograph from a local watchmaker, lovely gifts of my lovely wife.

Ciao a tutti.

Gibbs

RonJ, WatchCor, Enzo and 4 others like this.
  2. Enzo Jan 4, 2021

Welcome Gibbs, hope you enjoy your stay :thumbsup:

3. LesXL Jan 4, 2021

Great hobbies you have :)
    Welcome!

4. mountainunder Jan 4, 2021

Hi Gibbs, welcome to the Omega forum.
    I hope you enjoy your watch as much as your guitar::rimshot::

5. TimeODanaos Jan 4, 2021

"Partscaster" - love it! :D
    Welcome, enjoy.

demollo likes this.
  6. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jan 4, 2021

Around these parts it’s a frankencaster.

Gibbs, TimeODanaos and demollo like this.