Forums Latest Members
  1. Speedy001 Jan 4, 2015

I haven´t taken the opportunity yet to properly introduce myself. I´m from the Netherlands, watch enthusiast and have been looking on the forum for quite some time and only lately became member. I have a very special bond with Omega as my first watch was and still is an Omega Constellation of 1967 that I inherited from my grandfather. And as of yesterday I am the proud owner of my second Omega, the Speedmaster Professional aka Moonwatch. I think the forum is just great and I want to thank all of you for providing such great information. It has helped me a lot in my search for my Speedy. Thanks and looking forward to future discussions, and now on to my Speedmaster.

Yesterday I finally bought my ´88 Speedmaster and I´m over the moon about it. I actually can´t believe I finally have the watch I had been looking for since I was a little kid... windowshopping at our local jeweler. The guy had the Omega Speedmaster (talking about the early eighties here) on display in his shop.

As I was on a tight budget I had been looking for almost three months. Scouring the internet for day & night, chrono24, the forums, even the local craigslists in Europe. Almost got scammed...twice ::facepalm2:: (will report those 2 here). And just when I thought I should maybe wait a while this opportunity presented itself. A mint condition ´88 Speedmaster even with an SS bracelet (a lot of the special offers don´t include a bracelet but a leather strap).

Pulled the trigger and got myself the watch I have been dreaming for for almost 30 years. I believe it´s in a great (mint) condition, unpolished, even has an 1171 bracelet which I believe is older than the watch?

Looking forward to ::book::your feedback - expert opinion on my speedmaster. I´ve made quite some pictures to show you the watch.

On to the pics

Love the 3D effect on the dial and the various tones of grey, white and black.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Etched Omega Logo on Hesalite Crystal slightly visible
    [​IMG]

Black in the lettering is still there
    [​IMG]

Another B&W picture of the back
    [​IMG]

Clasp without speedmaster written on it
    [​IMG]
    Only very, very minor scratches on the crystal, not visible to the naked eye
    [​IMG]
    No polishing, just what you see is what you get.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Up & Close you will only see tiny specs or hairlines
    [​IMG]
    Exposed under UV light not sure if this is luminova or tritium
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your support & feedback :thumbsup:

Greetings from A proud Speedy owner :)

Edited Jan 4, 2015
    ten13th, traf, repoman and 6 others like this.
  2. imexian Jan 4, 2015

Looks a great find, I im impressed, I hope like me you get into it, and like the kudos of wearing something different to the norm...!!

Speedy001 likes this.
  3. legends71 Jan 4, 2015

Wow nice speedy and great photos, congratulations. :thumbsup:

Speedy001 likes this.
  4. esspee1200 Jan 4, 2015

Congrats!

Speedy001 likes this.
  5. sulaco Jan 4, 2015

Nice Speedy and very nice Pictures, my first Speedy also was one from 1989, but it just started the fire ;)

Speedy001 and TLIGuy like this.
  6. Hijak Jan 4, 2015

Welcome to the forum Speedy001. And congratulations on finding your Speedy, looks great!:thumbsup:
    I think 1989 would have been tritium, if I'm not mistaken luminova came out in mid to late 90s.

Speedy001 likes this.
  7. ock2915 Jan 4, 2015

Looks perfect , congratulations finding finally after so many your grail , you must be really happy :thumbsup:

Speedy001 likes this.
  8. alam Jan 4, 2015

Welcome to the Forum and the Speedy Club! That's a good catch and nice looking Speedy you got yourself!

Congrats! :thumbsup:

SpeedyProClub-1.jpg
    Speedy001 likes this.
  9. ricardorio Jan 4, 2015

Congrats, welcome to a very special world. Ricardo.

Speedy001 likes this.
  10. repoman Jan 4, 2015

Great choice, sharp looking watch, enjoy !

Speedy001 likes this.
  11. jud Jan 4, 2015

Looks great! Welcome aboard.

Speedy001 likes this.
  12. 250scr Jan 4, 2015

That's awesom. Congrats

Speedy001 likes this.
  13. Speedy001 Jan 5, 2015

Thanks guys!

14. db011 Jan 5, 2015

Very nice one, congratulations!

Speedy001 likes this.